Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

A Big Announcment

Brigante

Lol Lenny my Missus liked the look of the car seat n buggy

• Like 1

Tell you summin dunno what I'd do without a 24hour tesco less than a mile away when my Baby Mother has a random craving for mcain smiley faces, jacobs cheese n onion crinkles and smiths chipstix at 2 in the morning

• Like 2

Tell you summin dunno what I'd do without a 24hour tesco less than a mile away when my Baby Mother has a random craving for mcain smiley faces, jacobs cheese n onion crinkles and smiths chipstix at 2 in the morning

Id leave the car keys on her locker,

Then when she's in Tesco give her a text "pick us up a can of RedBull while your there luv Cheers" :lol:

Congratulations matey, been there twice now, and I can say "Life will never be the same again!" :p lol

• Like 1

Congrats to you too Steve!

Id leave the car keys on her locker,

Then when she's in Tesco give her a text "pick us up a can of RedBull while your there luv Cheers" :lol:

lol I don't follow mate?

• Like 1

congrats charlie

also have one coming in July :)

congrats too dude

lol I don't follow mate?

Leave your car keys on her side of the bed,

So she can drive herself to Tesco in the middle o: the night,

Then when she goes to Tesco,

Sent her a text requesting an item from tesco while she is there.

Leave your car keys on her side of the bed,

So she can drive herself to Tesco in the middle o: the night,

Then when she goes to Tesco,

Sent her a text requesting an item from tesco while she is there.

ah thats what i thought lol the locker bit just went over my head

she doesn't drive though so not an option lol

i'm playing the dutiful doting boyfriend seeing to my baby mothers needs

while my son/daughter is in her belly she gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants

even if it means numerous trips to tesco in the early hours lol

i'm sure the night staff in there must think i'm a right stoner keep turning up for random munchies at silly hours

last time it was refresher ice lollies and tuc crackers

• Like 1

i'm playing the dutiful doting boyfriend seeing to my baby mothers needs

while my son/daughter is in her belly she gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants

even if it means numerous trips to tesco in the early hours lol

Sucker!!! :p

• Like 1

My wife could only drink McDonald's coke through her first pregnancy. I was going out all hours of the day and night for it. Every day coming home from work saw me going to McDonald's and most nights too....

And she still thinks I owe her because she had the baby :-P

has anyone heard of this silly superstition that you can't have the babies pushchair in your place of abode before the baby is born?

Pah, wouldn't believe it lol

i'd never heard of the stupid superstition til the missus's mother came out with it

we went n bought the pushchair n car seat we wanted last night, 6months early i know but it was on a great offer where the car seat is free. the pushchair is the best one we've seen n we've looked at a lot n its just really really practical. found out it was being discontinued and it was a case of get it now or not at all. every local store was sold out and ended up driving to coventry to buy the last one they had there.

anyway back to the superstition, instead of keeping the pushchair here in our nice clean tidy flat in the spare bedroom where it will be safe for 6 months, its having to be dumped in her mothers horrible, dirty, mingin, moldy dining room (yes it really is that bad) where my missus's 2 young nephews can climb about on n do whatever to my expensive new pushchair as they are unwatched most of the time

as you can tell i aint happy about it n think its completely stupid

• Like 1

Just go get it back mate I've never heard it and I was full of bad luck before we had kids. We bough them really early too for both kids and seriously there's nothing wrong with them lol just go tell her that you need to get it take it home and build it to make sure all the parts are there or just say your taking it to build it then forgot about the superstition and take it home...

Its twaddle and codswallop lol

• Like 1

I have heard of the superstition, my Sister did it with her 1st pregnancy but forgot about it for the 2nd lol

Old Wives tale at best.

If the MIL house is that bad, get it back - more likely to cause problems with baby if it's filthy and/or mouldy!!

• Like 2

It's all an old wives tale but we did it with our first. Recycled the pram for number two and both have turned out ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Congrats Mate.

just letting you know the cravings are going to get weirder and by god do not say no if they request that you get them something. My missus craved a pretzel and the only place that sold it was blanchardstown shopping centre (the only one she likes that is) any way its about 40 odd minutes away and it was coming up to xmas and i had originally said no and i nearly got my head chopped off seriously she said if i dont bring her she would leave me and id never see my baby. So long story short your now officially a slave for the rest of your life as Jeebs said they will still think you owe them!!!

I'd advice you to make the most of the sleep you get now my own daughter is 3 months old now and mid way threw the second month we got a routine and she would sleep at night like and angel now at 3 months shes teething and she is a nightmare cries at night doesnt sleep more than 20 mins during the day.

we got our Push chair 6 months prior to the birth we stored it in the mother in laws till about 2 weeks before my missus was due and the baby is fine.

heads up btw seen as your mother in law brought up that superstition then this might come up when you have your baby its called flat head syndrome. My mam doesnt like the buggy i got as it comes with a car seat that attaches too it and doesnt turn into a moses basket goes straight to stroller any way she wanted me to sell it to get another one but the one i have now is handy you know and we like it so out of no where she comes up with u have to sell it my friend said that car seats are made for cars not buggies her friends baby had flat head and had to wear a helmet to let the babies head go to normal. Dont worry its common with some babies and can happen in the cot or on the ground due to the baby lying on its back and leaning on the same part of his/her head for too long as the babies skull is still in pieces it can be molded so i wouldn't worry bout that as it is harmless.

kiss goodbye to your freedom aswell btw everything now is "Mam are you busy saturday night can you mind the baby please???"

its the best thing that will ever happen it is totally worth it best of luck to you and the girlfriend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today the baby mother and I went for the 20week scan

Checked all the measurements and placenta and the heart etc and everything seems to be developing as it should be

Unfortunately the scan pictures arent as detailed as the last ones but here they are

post-34566-0-91090900-1431139842_thumb.j

Here you can see it face on

post-34566-0-26370000-1431139931_thumb.j

Amazing seeing it on the ultrasound, precious lil thing wouldn't stay still

We have also been able to feel it kick for the last week or so

While at the scan we asked to find out the s*x so we can think better about names and go out and buy colour coded clothing etc apposed to neutral stuff

Any guess's what we are having?

Here's a clue...

post-34566-0-11638000-1431140263_thumb.j

Thats right...

It's a BOYYYY!!!!

No mistaking it, the woman moved the scanner to between it's legs and there was definitely a willy there

I actually asked the woman about 3 times and she said yup it's definitely a willy

So I'm having a son, still hasn't sunk in properly yet, all that matters is that they are healthy

Very excited indeed

• Like 1

All good mate.

So I take it you'll be raising Junior as a true blue petrol head then?

Congrats mate, give it a few years and junior will be washing the car with you lol

Oh aye junior will be driving the mondeo before he is walking

We've already got our eyes on this for him to learn in

http://www.mothercare.com/My-Child-Car-Walker---Blue/563559,default,pd.html

Maybe even this

http://www.mothercare.com/Jane-Formula-Kid-Walker---Red/588786,default,pd.html

Whichever we get it won't stay stock for long lol will be wiring in the blue leds , reversing camera and fitting some 18"s on lowered springs :P

• Like 1

You need to call him STeven or STuart. ;)