Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Focus Zetec

DaimoM

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone aware of the 2015 Focus Zetec causing the driver back ache?

Many thanks

DaimoM

Seats are the same sports ones since 2011.

Not heard of any reported issues. My seats are a little stiff where they are new, but there is lots of adjustment on them and I have had no issues getting comfy.

I've read in reviews that the seats in Focuses since 2011 "offer poor lumbar support." Mine is a Mk3 (2013) and after a day's driving, my back kills me.

Having said that, I suffer with back problems anyway.

I reckon it's down to personal preference.

Hi,

I have the same problem with my 2011, mk3

posture cushions do help, I never had a problem with my mk1

Some things improve on new models and sometimes they do not.

I still like my car its fun to drive, its a shame they modify parts that work well

Barry T.

Do your cars have the adjustable lumbar support?

There should be a lever half way up the side of the seat back.

You can adjust the level of lumbar support with it.

My 2011 mk3 was uncomfortable at first, but now, very comfortable for long journeys. Took me a while to get seat position perfect and for seat to conform to me

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

Hi Alex

Yes Alex my car has lumber support, I tried the adjustments to the seat in various positions to no avail.

The posture cushions were the answer for me, I think the seat moulded its self to the previous owner.

Alex I have found you are very knowledgeable, I was surprised you did not reply to my post on car batteries, I think that a lot of members who service and repair there own cars would like to know the answers to the queries I raised.

If you can help please reply.

Barry T.

Can anyone recommend a seat cushion or something? The more I drive, the worse the lower back pain becomes

Thanks

I take it you have tried to recline seat first off all then try the lumber support??

paul

I put the lumbar support on full and the seat upright to mimic my very comfortable office chair. All the other positions were even more uncomfy. I have been told that I have an odd driving position.

No wonder its uncomfortable. They proved a long time ago that office chairs are not a good position and you actually want a slightly curved back for long term comfort

Go back to first principles

Chair as high as it will go without hitting head on ceiling or knees on wheel

Slide chair forwards and back until with clutch or throttle pushed fully down your hand can go under the thigh by your knee, ie your not fighting the seat cushion to push the peddles

Then tilt chair back until your wrist rests on the steering wheel top with a straight arm (Results in correct elbow bend when hands at 14:50)

Now move steering wheel for best view of gauges

Add a little lumber till you can JUST feel it

Adjust a little from there

Your current position sounds like you are bolt upright and have a bulge pushing into your back. May work at a computer but will not work for driving when you have peddles to push

Morning everyone!

Thanks ever so much for your help on this matter. It looks like a lumber support cushion is the way to go!

Kind regards

PS. Are there any Ford RS fans out there? I really like the MK 2 Focus RS in Ultimate green. Having said that I wouldn't say no to the MK 3 Focus RS (which is coming out next year) either!

• Like 1

oh yes been looking at rs models even though not in position to buy at present -_- real performance at affordable prices some good bargains on eBay

paul

Hi

Jack & Daimo

I have had the posture cushions for years, I only needed them for about 6 months,but they came in handy for my Focus.

I bought one from a shopping channel and the other from a boot sale, the fabric one from the shopping channel is on the bottom and the black leather effect or real leather I do not know is on the top.

As long as I use the cushions I do not have a problem,. By the way the girlfriend finds the passenger seat is ok, she does not drive.

I can drive the car for about 20 minutes without the cushions but them my back/ bottom starts to hurt

Barry T.

I've got a Zetec S and find the seats really comfortable. I had a 4 hour drive the other day, got out and no back-ache at all.

The S has sports seats if that makes a difference.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club