Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fair M1 Convoy 2015

Phil 87

Where are you all meeting up? - As I might just drive over to the M1 early Sunday morning?

• Like 1

The first meeting place will probably be Woodall services. It looks like there are already 2 others staying at the hotel there on the Saturday night.

• Like 1

Okay I will see you Sunday Morning at Woodhall Services - Do we know a meeting time yet or will that be announced closer to the event?

• Like 2

I have just reserved the crappy hotel at Woodhall Services South for Saturday night so I do not have to drive the whole way down to the M1 on Sunday Morning.

• Like 2

Okay I will see you Sunday Morning at Woodhall Services - Do we know a meeting time yet or will that be announced closer to the event?

So far it looks like the best time to leave Woodall will be around 5:30am but I think we can decide on this closer to the time. Less than 6 weeks to go now, I forgot it was that close haha.

• Like 1

I didn't realise you were starting out from woodhall services I will meet you guys there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at staying at Leicester m1 services hotel so I can join the convoy there so could do with getting a couple of phone numbers nearer the time so I know when to pull onto the m1 and join the massive convoy I can see amassing here

• Like 1

^ Sounds good, we should be able to stop there and meet you :)

And it's good that you brought up sharing phone numbers. I was going to ask everyone who is joining the convoy to PM your mobile number to me and once I have them all I'll PM the full list to each of you (assuming you're all ok with that).

• Like 2

Yes Phil that sounds like a plan

@Dan drop me a text now: 07714817267 - My GF is with me so she can text you when to join.

• Like 1

@Dan drop me a text now: 07714817267 - My GF is with me so she can text you when to join.

my wife can answer it lol
  • Like 1

I updated the original post, basically just to say I think we want to be leaving Woodall services around 5:30am on the day. That should give us plenty of time I think.

• Like 2

Looks like I'll be setting off at 3am! Haha :)

• Like 1

I have looked at distance from woodall to Leicester services where I'm staying looks like an hour distance so can't wait not long now

• Like 1

Looks like I'll be setting off at 3am! Haha :)

I just looked back through the thread and I think you could get away with setting off a bit later than that. Just looking at Google maps anyway, select "arrive by" and put in the date and time, it tells you when to set off. It's just a rough guide I suppose, but early on a Sunday morning we'll all probably make better time than what Google says.

• Like 1

I just looked back through the thread and I think you could get away with setting off a bit later than that. Just looking at Google maps anyway, select "arrive by" and put in the date and time, it tells you when to set off. It's just a rough guide I suppose, but early on a Sunday morning we'll all probably make better time than what Google says.

I'm just anticipating having to stop alot having 3 passengers.. Haha! Ive only looked on my phone so far.. I'll work it out properly tonight :)

• Like 2

Guys don't forget allow time for the roadworks and average speed cameras there are miles of them.

From woodhall all the way to Derby then a few junctions further on then M6 junction as well

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

Yeah I was just thinking about the roadworks, and I don't know if Google takes that into account. It should because their journey times are based on real traffic data. I had another look at the route and it says 1 hour 40 mins from Woodall to Silverstone, which is an average speed of 57 mph. Does that sound a bit optimistic when we'll be doing 50 for a big part of the journey?

• Like 2

Does to me. And don't forget the queues on the A43 when you get there

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I am coming from Manchester so hopefully it will be dry so I can have some fun over snakes pass

• Like 1

Does to me. And don't forget the queues on the A43 when you get there

Yeah the queues at the end took ages. Maybe we should aim to set off a little sooner but I'm not sure.

We set off for just after 6 from woodhall last year thanks to me been late. and we had no problems and to be fair we was at the front of the group great position and people where still arriving for a hour after Us I think we are over thinking it to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 2

What is the plan if it is chucking it down on route? - I may need to stop somewhere and use a power washer somewhere.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club