Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Signal Through Front Window (Gps)

jace1969

I did put a thread on genaral a few weeks ago but it's fiesta i would like to know.

Does people have problems getting GPS signal from there dash cam or satnav (mainly dash cam)

I have tried my dash cam in 4 places and only 1 place that it works and thats hit and miss and

thats the bottom of the window in the middle,no good for camera.

Tried outside on roof and fine,the places below are what i have tried.

1...plastic mirror cover...nothing

2...top left and right on black mesh.....nothing

3...top left and right just off mesh.......nothing

4...bottom of dash in the middle by heater vent....would say 70% ok.

Is this down to heated window and up high the reverse camera mirror/rain sensor/light sensor.

pic 1 is under the plastic cover

pic 2 is top on mest,tried both sides

pic 3 is on top of the plastic cover ( best place )

post-52758-0-26190800-1426939287_thumb.jpost-52758-0-85563900-1426939305_thumb.jpost-52758-0-41425100-1426939320_thumb.j

It's possibly the heated screen but also might be your camera, I know the renault screens are quite bad for signal loss, I've no issues with my cam and my tomtom works ok on all vehicles with a heated screen.

I will try my tom tom in there later as not tried it in this car yet but bottom of screen

aint to bad as its hit and miss for the signal.

I have a lot of electical stuff going on so might be something like that

Hope someone on here can shine a bit of light on it

AFAIK On all cars there should be a small area of screen around the rear view mirror that is completely free of any rf-blocking material to allow RFID tags to be mounted.

AFAIK On all cars there should be a small area of screen around the rear view mirror that is completely free of any rf-blocking material to allow RFID tags to be mounted.

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/support/faq/support-Faq.List/#3.0.%20%C2%A0%20That%20looks%20to%20me%20like%20the%20space%20you" href="https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/support/faq/support-Faq.List/#3.0.%20%C2%A0%20That%20looks%20to%20me%20like%20the%20space%20you" ve%20found%20for%20the%20camera%20to%20work?"="">I suspect GPS receiver in this camera is especially poor (insensitive) though? My Tom Tom Go 520 worked extremely well inside a FL2 with heated screen and on my last Galaxywith IR and heated screen (albeit suckered onto the side window as the screen was too far away to reach

You could be right,it could be that the signal aint that good on camera or on a lot of the china made ones

as most don't have GPS they just go on the camera.

If you put the stuff i have on my screen and put the camera and that it aint a £300 one that could be it.

Just trying to find a GPS logger that works the same way that records the tex file of the GPS.

Just tried something,moved tom tom around window and by mirror it went from 90% to

60% on signal strength and keeps going up and down on how many satellite it gets.

By mirror around 60%

Bottom of window 80 to 90%

So cheap camera or should i say GPS is cheap as camera quality is amazing.

Awaiting another base as GPS is in the base so the old one will have a strip down to see if

i can see the aerial or do something with it.

Both my Mio satnavs worked OK in my Mondeo and my Fiesta and both have heated windscreens, I've tried Tom Tom and Garmin and all work OK.

Both my Mio satnavs worked OK in my Mondeo and my Fiesta and both have heated windscreens, I've tried Tom Tom and Garmin and all work OK.

I don't think its only the heated window as there is a nice few stuff going on behind that plastic cover

I have reverse camera in mirror/rain sensor/light sensor as well as heater window.

My tom tom is a new one so gives me a lot of info and good to see just moving it closer to the cover.

Put that it's not a dear camera so the gps aint a good chip that could be a good reason,what i can think off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club