Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheaper Pop Rivets!

jj882

Hi everyone. Unfortunately not too long ago I had the misfortune of hitting my front spoiler on my 14 plate zetec s. As it was cracked beyond repair I had bought a new one from ford spares at my local garage. At the time it slipped his mind to ask me if I needed pop rivets to fit the new one, which they don't have in stock but can order in.

Now I have been quoted per rivet, just over 2 quid. The part number is 1555829 and he said I need 12!

So this is working out more and more expensive so my question is can I get these pop rivets cheaper?

Thanks everyone

TWO QUID A RIVET?

Think it was something like 65p for them last time I bought some!! (They have a rubber coating around the body of them - unlike a normal rivet).

Granted, they may have been a different size, but even so!!

• Like 1

Isn't puma build near,to you

Could be worth popping in there to see if they can help you. They may have an alternative that they use

Try eBay a couple of folks there do trim parts, two sites were selling 5 rivets for £2.69

I think eBay is a good idea. I have spoken to the guy at puma build and he is going to look into it for me. He was under the impression it was a clip on however ford are saying it defo needs 12! I take it these are just standard pot rivets?

i think they have the protection on them to save any damage to the part you are fitting when using the rivet gun

Yeah, it's a rubbery plastic sleeve over the body of the rivet

My rear bumper is missing a few, so used regular rivets. No damage so far. But most of them are the proper Ford ones

I think ebay is a good idea. I have spoken to the guy at puma build and he is going to look into it for me. He was under the impression it was a clip on however ford are saying it defo needs 12! I take it these are just standard pot rivets?

They are the same ones I bought when I swapped the plastics on my ST. They are longer and split down the sides, when used they spread out like an anchor, these would be more secure than a standard pop rivet.

• Like 1

can anyone point these out on eBay please? I am really not sure what I am looking for here as the descriptions arnt matching for most of them! Cannot find them any cheaper elsewhere atm

Actually, when you mentioned they were similar to the KA ones, with the plastic sleeve, are these fine to use?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-KA-BUMPER-RIVETS-ALUMINIUM-POP-RIVET-WITH-PLASTIC-SLEEVE-/190976963364?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c771d3324

I have been driving with the front lip (Spoiler) thingy in my boot for the past 3 months looking for rivits it in my local hardware shops. I do have the standard Aluminium rivits that should work, but it has been brought to my attention that if the spoiler gets snagged again, it will do damage to the front of my car , probably tearing out, intead of just unplugging and falling off.

I have been told that these plastic ones are also used for the sports transits as well. I am waiting for responses from the eBay sellers to confirm first. 2.69 for 5 is a lot better than 2 pound odd each!

We're you in a ford dealer when he quoted £2?

If so he would have looked on the computer and on the picture of your spoiler the rivets would also have been on there, if they are 1555829 then they aren't the same as the ones on eBay as they don't have the the sleeve

We're you in a ford dealer when he quoted £2?

If so he would have looked on the computer and on the picture of your spoiler the rivets would also have been on there, if they are 1555829 then they aren't the same as the ones on eBay as they don't have the the sleeve

From what I can gather then, it doesn't appear like I will get these much cheaper elsewhere

have you checked whether that price is meant to be for a packet of 10 ?

From ford it's per rivet!

Couldn't believe it. I've checked on amazon as well and there appears to be some that may be similar on there. They have the plastic sheaf aswell

I've been looking for some of these a well. Are these the ones?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/141247323400

They dont appear to look like these. I am going to take a look at the ones from Ford this weekend if they have them in.

I found these and I am sure these will do, as they have the plastic sleeve as well - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T38OG2I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=TG3PQY3I89JY&coliid=I3HZLH0ZH8VWYO

They dont appear to look like these. I am going to take a look at the ones from Ford this weekend if they have them in.

I found these and I am sure these will do, as they have the plastic sleeve as well - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T38OG2I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=TG3PQY3I89JY&coliid=I3HZLH0ZH8VWYO

Yeah I saw these as well. Wasn't sure though coz the ones on my front splitter have a flat head. Why are these things so hard to find? Lol

Yeah I saw these as well. Wasn't sure though coz the ones on my front splitter have a flat head. Why are these things so hard to find? Lol

They're not, ford dealers have them. Lol

They're not, ford dealers have them. Lol

I should have said why are reasonably priced ones hard to find. My bad.