Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune

MarksST

You got the induction already right? Sounds *so* good!

Yeah it does man! Sounds even better for £85 :p

But a recently pulled soundproofing from bonnet to hear it a bit more and now can hear it in the car with Windows up! Haha

• Like 1

A don't think buying the higher bhp/ps if you have economy on mind lol

Same here.

What were you getting on your old car?

About 42 I'd say.

Pictures, pictures everywhere! :P

post-54954-142885091743_thumb.jpg

post-54954-142885092797_thumb.jpg

post-54954-142885093649_thumb.jpg

post-54954-142885094997_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Am new to the Ecoboost but trying to understand all the options for more power. The MR165 sounds like it has been well researched, do people trust Mountune to deliver realistic power figures and good drivability? (in an industry that could pretty much claim anything without being challenged or noticed!). On Mountunes instagram it said that there were lots of positive reviews already but as far as I can see on here only Willy has installed it?

Willy - any chance you could describe the differences over standard in more detail? In previous turbo cars I've had a remap has made a subtle difference to the torque mainly but certainly not transformed it into a different animal....

Cheers!

• Like 1

Am new to the Ecoboost but trying to understand all the options for more power. The MR165 sounds like it has been well researched, do people trust Mountune to deliver realistic power figures and good drivability? (in an industry that could pretty much claim anything without being challenged or noticed!). On Mountunes instagram it said that there were lots of positive reviews already but as far as I can see on here only Willy has installed it?

Willy - any chance you could describe the differences over standard in more detail? In previous turbo cars I've had a remap has made a subtle difference to the torque mainly but certainly not transformed it into a different animal....

Cheers!

For power options with warranty

MP135 is best

For more power without warranty

It's between a few but the MR165 is expensive but gives you slot if kit and good power for reliability too.

For me it was between two

Bluefin or mr165 but there is other companies too puma speed and also Collins performance

For me tho as said before mr165 but Was talking to ma mate (mechanic for Evans Halshaw ) who said the mr165 (162.7bhp) is actually around 155-156ish itself and with all the hoses intercooler and cai with filter takes it to 162bhp with that theory am gonna go with bluefin with all upgrades :p ;)

Bluefin for me is a better option a I can't take mountune out.....as your probs asking why you want it out ....well atm I'm getting about 39mpg standard (lots of hills farms and towns near me probs no motorway driving at all ) and either map would reduce the mpg more which I'm not bothered about when I'm off work! But just like this week I work from one Day to 2weeks at a time using car so don't want lower mpg on work hours (less money!)

Plus a think Glynn went from a EcoBoost to st and they changed his map for nothing from blufin

so always a option

Just FYI I've seen no MPG decrease with the 135 (not yet anyway, been 2-3 weeks)

Just FYI I've seen no MPG decrease with the 135 (not yet anyway, been 2-3 weeks)

You do mostly motorway mate you wont really :p

Its a shame there is no mountune kit for the 100ps version :(

You do mostly motorway mate you wont really :p

Lol no I don't :P I rarely do motorways!

Lol no I don't :P I rarely do motorways!

Can't be many hills n that where you are then :p

Its a shame there is no mountune kit for the 100ps version :(

Atleast there is pumaspeed kit for 100ps and powershift :)

Atleast there is pumaspeed kit for 100ps and powershift :)

Yea but the lack of warranty is kinda crappy

A would say the bluefin from superchips and you get there warranty

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=3&model=1&variant=2866

But lack of Ford warranty is ghyte

What worries me about that though is that the superchips graph stats the 100ps starts life as 113bhp which is clearly incorrect....

I'd be interested to see the real world figure for a standard 100ps up'ed to 140ps I doubt that just a remap will add 40bhp/ps

What worries me about that though is that the superchips graph stats the 100ps starts life as 113bhp which is clearly incorrect....

I'd be interested to see the real world figure for a standard 100ps up'ed to 140ps I doubt that just a remap will add 40bhp/ps

....it isn't clearly incorrect lol they count overboost too .......... Which Ford do not count as it only works for certain amount of time a guess you didn't know that :p

Maybe read that wrong but it doesn't come to life it keeps the torque from around 75bhp (3k) right up to max of 139bhp and I don't doubt that as a few on fb has this and told me it totally changed the driving of the car

The fact that Pumaspeed sells a kit for £1999 that is claimed to produce 167bhp and includes a whole exhaust system. Mountune's kit leaves the standard exhaust yet manages to make only 4bhp less? Perhaps the standard exhaust is particularly well designed or Pumaspeed's airbox or map isn't as well designed but it does seem a bit surprising. Given I haven't heard an aftermarket exhaust for the Ecoboost that sounds anything less than a drone / !Removed! noise (admittedly all from youtube vids) AND you save £600, it definitely favours the Mountune setup.

I'm interested in the modular option as well though, pick the best airbox, intercooler and pipes - but then which remap would make the most of this since they're hopefully customised to a particular companies set of mods.

Can the Miltek decat pipe be used with the standard system? (perhaps a question for a new thread...)

If you going to buy ( supposedly ) the best parts then it's probably better going somewhere for a custom tune to make the most of it all.

Mountune will only supply the map if you have their hardware, I'd go for the mountune kit (partly as a fanboy) for their experience and association with ford, and the kit seems to give good gains for the price.

If you going to buy ( supposedly ) the best parts then it's probably better going somewhere for a custom tune to make the most of it all.

Mountune will only supply the map if you have their hardware, I'd go for the mountune kit (partly as a fanboy) for their experience and association with ford, and the kit seems to give good gains for the price.

Not technically true, they will supply the map whatever but they'll only cover it and warranty it themselves if its done with their parts.

Mountune won't supply the MR165 map without proof of hardware being present. I didn't buy the whole kit and they had to find my recipes for the Mountune Cais I purchased last year.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club