Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 Tdci

ford focus 1.6 tdci aleX

:( i have owned my 2006 ford focus estate 1.6 tdci for 5 months(4 of which in the front garden on axle stands)i was told to change the oil regularily due to carbon in the oil causing sludge and starving the turbo...so i changed the oil,fuel filter and air filter..

drove the car for 300 miles over the month.lovelly car i thaught..

til one day,i was driving home from work when i noticed a plinkey noise from the engine,sudden power loss.with billowing white smoke from the exhaust..the engine was running on its own(with the key out of the ignition)5000 rpm..so i put it in gear and dumped the clutch to stall it..

towed the heap back to home...and the garden is its new home..

i removed the turbo..oil riddled

inter cooler filled with oily/diesel

the sump had twice the amount of fluid innit..

so i removed the injectors,and found two injectors had their needles missing,

i did a compression test,which was not conclusive but generally lower than they should be..

i removed the head to find it was totally carboned up,and glow plugs seized up and 2 broke off.

so i bought a reconed head,injectors,and glow plugs,rebuilt...and noticed a buzzing from the fuel pump metering solenoid(3.48 volts)so i have by-passed to the battery)the solenoid now clicks ok

the glow plug 60 amp fuse under the bonnet has blown,repaired it

fuel doesnt seem tobe getting through to the injectors,even after priming the fuel filter,

i have got fuel flow at the green pipe on top of the engine(i guess its the return feed to the tank)

i am running out of ideas....anyones help...please

aleX in bristol

White smoke in diesel exhaust indicates the presence of water and / or unburnt diesel.

• Like 1

thanX...AleX

Nah the white smoke in this case is partly burnt oil from the turbo blowing (been there myself lol).

Fuel not getting to the injectors sounds like an electrical issue, immobiliser or a bad battery not turning the engine fast enough. Do you have any sort of diagnotstic tools? FORScan or even a generic reader?

• 3 weeks later...

:( i have owned my 2006 ford focus estate 1.6 tdci for 5 months(4 of which in the front garden on axle stands)i was told to change the oil regularily due to carbon in the oil causing sludge and starving the turbo...so i changed the oil,fuel filter and air filter..

drove the car for 300 miles over the month.lovelly car i thaught..

til one day,i was driving home from work when i noticed a plinkey noise from the engine,sudden power loss.with billowing white smoke from the exhaust..the engine was running on its own(with the key out of the ignition)5000 rpm..so i put it in gear and dumped the clutch to stall it..

towed the heap back to home...and the garden is its new home..

i removed the turbo..oil riddled

inter cooler filled with oily/diesel

the sump had twice the amount of fluid innit..

so i removed the injectors,and found two injectors had their needles missing,

i did a compression test,which was not conclusive but generally lower than they should be..

i removed the head to find it was totally carboned up,and glow plugs seized up and 2 broke off.

so i bought a reconed head,injectors,and glow plugs,rebuilt...and noticed a buzzing from the fuel pump metering solenoid(3.48 volts)so i have by-passed to the battery)the solenoid now clicks ok

the glow plug 60 amp fuse under the bonnet has blown,repaired it

fuel doesnt seem tobe getting through to the injectors,even after priming the fuel filter,

i have got fuel flow at the green pipe on top of the engine(i guess its the return feed to the tank)

i am running out of ideas....anyones help...please

aleX in bristol

You mention you got new injectors, did you program those?

You can use ForScan for that, with a cheap ELM327 cable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club