Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Subaru Impreza (Kd05 Vpf) Driver Decides To Cut A Corner

The Dark Knight

Copied from video description: The driver of this Subaru decided to cut a corner on the country roads towards Matlock today. No apparent reason for it and he never attempted to overtake but motorbikes galore around there and they are on you in seconds so still dangerous. There's a closer view of him at the end when we slow down for traffic. - Footage from E-Prance budget camera.

Didn't put you, him or anyone else in danger.

No road markings to tell him not to do that, no oncoming traffic and what looked like a very clear view of the road ahead.

I'll do that if it's safe and means I can take the corner straighter.

• Like 1

Not withstanding the blatantly obvious hazard warning lines in the centre of the road . . .

Not withstanding the blatantly obvious hazard warning lines in the centre of the road . . .

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I know you have knowledge of this) but dashed white lines mean it's fine to cross them?? As opposed to hatching which means you can cross them but take caution??

• Like 1

Yes, they can be crossed exercising caution - as they warn of an impending hazard & are there for a reason !

• Like 1

A legal manoeuvre is not always a safe one.

• Like 2

Legal is not always safe.

Okay then, so I'm assuming the Subaru didn't just pull out regardless, and that he was looking in front of him, saw there was no oncoming traffic and decided it wasn't going to be an issue if he cut the corner slightly.

Still can't see an actual problem in this situation...

Nor can i from my viewpoint of the video.

Effectively checking his mirrors would have been just as important as scanning the road ahead.

• Like 1

The length of the white line in relation to the length of the gap between them indicates whether they are hazard warning lines or simply centre road markings.

• Like 1

Being legal isn't the issue. Bikes zoom down that road from virtually out of nowhere and all it takes is a momentary lapse of concentration whilst on the other side of the road to cause an accident. Then having to explain to police why you were on the wrong side of the road.

I wouldn't have done that but it seems several would. Off you go then is all I can say. I'll stick to the correct side of the road thanks very much

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club