Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New C Max Owner Here, Be Gentle ;)

Big bad bubba

Hello folks,

Ive just bought myself a 2010 C Max Titanium 1.6 Tdci. Coming from an MG ZT its quite a change !!

Ive come on just to ask if there is anything i should be looking out for , ie clutch problems , leaks , door lock malfunction etc etc..

I havent had it a week yet but my wife and i love the seat height and driving position along with the size of the boot :)

So,

Is there anything i should be looking out for ?

ps , i was looking to chip the car as i find it a tad slow , but that is compared to the ZT...... has anyone done this and was it worth it ??

Regards,

BBB..

No fatties allowed sorry buddy :blink:

Welcome me old bean :D

At least yours is a 2010 so I would hope you have the coated DPF on that version, I am sure someone might be able to tell you.

If it does have the Eoyls fluid then it will have a small black plastic tank near the fuel tank.

Check with these guys about tuning it cause I am sure I read it can cause problems with them.

Being a 2010 I assume it will still work fine with Forscan and Elmconfig but again just check with these guys.

Good to see you found your way here OK, but you should have got a Focus not a C max lol

Spooky that we both have gone from a ZT/ZTT to a Focus/C max though lol

• Like 1

haha its like having my own stalker with you here..

I didnt have long to wait for my first problem though...on my way to work this morning at 5:20 and the engine management light came on... ive only had the car 4 days. Took it back to the garage and turns out its the Exhaust partical filter ???? They added some cleaning fluid to the tank and told me to * thrash the !Removed! off it " after they reset it.

Seems to have done the trick, only time will tell though. hope i havent got rid of the ZT for a dog....

Dpf trouble is a pain in the bum, how many miles has it done dude?

Hi I have a focus and got 53000 on the clock just had a new DPF fitted all you can do is give it a good long run out I was only doing 10 miles a day

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Sorry cmax diesel

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

That's what the guy at the garage told me to do...ah well fishing trip this weekend :-)

Welcome. What's your annual mileage?

oh dear... the DPF is meant to be replaced at 60k anyway, so I suspect unless you can get it done under warranty, then that will cost you a few quid, alternatively you could look to remove it... though this isnt strictly "legal" there are ways you can gut the DPF and remap the car so no one would ever know.

60K would it not be 75K the same as mine? Although 75K is the recommended change interval it is also not a guarantee. I am sure there are plenty that need changing before they are due and others that last a lot longer.

I am not sure I think 60 was the old cmax so I could be wrong... Lol

probably 8 - 9 k .. not a lot really.

Well things have moved on. The blinking light came on again this afternoon. So its now in the garage ( again )....going to check it over and get back to me..he asked on the phone if i wanted a second hand dpf or a new one if that's the problem....you can imagine my answer after the air turned blue !!!

Well things have moved on. The blinking light came on again this afternoon. So its now in the garage ( again )....going to check it over and get back to me..he asked on the phone if i wanted a second hand dpf or a new one if that's the problem....you can imagine my answer after the air turned blue !!!

I would have said I want it removed....

8-9 k a year

Illegal to have it removed isn't it?

Maybe if this car has to go back, look for a petrol. You don't do the mileage to warrant a Diesel tbh.

Agree with Chris on the mileage a petrol is better for that low mileage. Technically dpf removal Is illegal but it does have benefits and is cheaper than replacement. If it's gutted you can get away with it.

• Like 1

I guess it depends waters lots of that 9k mileage is on motorways. My dads Ragne Rover had ony covered 9k in a year but it's mostly used going up and down the A3 so it doesn't get DPF porblems. The Defender now does that trip regularly to keep the DPF clean!

I do think Diesel is false economy though, especially with low mileage. My mums Peugeot is a 1.4 petrol and does around 42mpg with our short trips and occasional long motorway journeys. That's similar around town to our 2.0TDI Audi A3 gave but Petrol is cheaper and no worry about cleaning the DPF!

We were going to sell it but it killed itself before we got that far! Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this BBB?

Hey buddy. The dpf seems to have sorted its self out now.. i did notice tonight that when accelerating there was a strange whoosing kind of sound ??? Any thoughts !!!

From what I've read on here it could be a boost pipe loose or split... im beginning to go off this car...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club