Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost Zetec S Vs St

Anderson97

Hey everyone, I was wondering what's the pros and cons of the zetec s and ST and what would be better as I've heard from reviews and videos that the ST ride comfort isn't too good.

The price difference between a zetec s and a ST would be around £1k-£2k.

Also. What's the mpg like on an ST

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

You'll get a variety of replies here! Some with the ST wouldn't go anywhere near a zetec s. Depends on how many miles you do and how much cash you have. If you do higher milages and every penny counts you can't go far wrong with the zetec s. If you do lower mileages then the ST is fantastic. I do 24000 miles a year and really couldn't justify the ST so went for a Red Edition. If i'd had the cash and didn't commute 80 miles a day may well have gone for an ST. On the other hand saying that if cash wasn't an issue i'd have bought a Cayman s!

I've got an ST, I'd happily move to a ZS (red edition most likely)

I find the ride ok some don't, it's going to be firmer than the ST that's the trade off for the handling. Try and get a good long test drive, it's the only way you'll know.

MPG I find ok 38-40 mixed driving and with Mountune fitted.

I went from an ZS to an ST & as long I can afford it I'd never go back.

I went from an ZS to an ST & as long I can afford it I'd never go back.

Same here aswell, many have made the jump.

^ +1

Having said that not actually driven the 125 Ecoboost.

I would happily trade down to a red/black edition .. Best of both words as the trade off is fuel consumption + comfort vs pure joy!

I had a 125 Eco boost, & it onky done a few mpg more & was nowhere near as much fun to drive.

Oh I don't know, I've done many a crazy thing in the 125, it's pretty rapid if you drive it right. More than enough speed to get you into trouble. Really comes into its own vs the ST on motorways though, 50+ MPG easily.

Now just because I have a ZS I'm not gonna tell you that's the right thing to do, the above is just my opinion. There have been moments when I think "I shoulda got an ST" but they're balanced with moments of "Oh I love this 1L engine". It's up to you, but don't discount the 1.0, it's got enough power to go faster than the majority of other road cars (corsas and stuff).

Might just have to opt for the ST. the front grill though . It looks mean

If money was no option I'd go for the ST every time.

But my finances are such that the zetec s was much more affordable (got a great discount), lower insurance, lower fuel bills and no tax.

The S is a great looking car though and I barely get the opportunity with traffic and cameras etc to give it the full beans so an ST's power would be wasted

I've never been in the zetec s so I can't compare the two. But my ST is great I wouldn't say the ride is harsh at all just firm but the recaro seats make up for that. It's great and easy to drive and mpg is great considering the power from the 1.6 I'm getting 40mpg regular on my daily run from Bradford to Leeds and back.

The ride on the ST is perfectly fine, it also doesn't tip over like the other models going round corners, far better brakes, brakes on all the other Fiestas ( they all have the same brakes ) are absolute crap. once you're over 30MPH the ST is quite comfy, far more supportive too, as said above well worth the difference in cost and does over 40MPG.

My St3 costs me a few extra quid a month to run, but that's never caused me an 'I wished I kept my Zetec S monent''.

& despite having 140 ps, I don't like the 'McDonalds car park' look of the 'reds & blacks'', so o all in all I'm quite happy with my choice,

Love my ST. Traded in my 1.0 Zetec S and I'm glad I did. Yes it's not as economical but it isn't horrific. I get about 31-35 on the trip computer depending on how I drive. Which is only short journeys. Honestly if you can get an ST get one, if not you won't be disappointed with the Zetec S. They're great fun too.

I was twitchy about how the red edition looked in photos but when i saw it in the flesh i thought it looked great and am more than happy. Don't care if people think it looks like a chav wagon. Mind you I used to own a black seat leon cupra r with blacked out windows so i do have previous for that sort of thing. Also the missus is more than happy to drive around in the red but was glad of the privacy glass in the seat so no one could recognise her in it.

There isn't many ST's sold by lookers at the moment. Is TrustFord reliable?

Just saw an ST fly past me. I'm sold haha

There isn't many ST's sold by lookers at the moment. Is TrustFord reliable?

Just saw an ST fly past me. I'm sold haha

Be very careful with trust ford believe me there not great. I had a nightmare with sales and then even worse with service trying to get things done that needed doing that weren't right when I bought the car. That's the bradford trust ford they may be better else where. I have heard Evans Hallshaw and ringways are good.

I cant get the MPG above 35 on my Red Edition so must be doing something wrong lol!

Cant fault the car though, great to drive, Turn of pace & handles brilliantly.

I've not driven an ST so cant comment. I just went for what i could afford, & what i thought was more family friendly.

If you can afford either I say go test drive them. Then you can make up your own mind & get the car thats right for you.

I would test drive but I can't... Haha

Tell the salesman he won't make a sale if you don't test drive it, then see what happens! Has worked for me a few times :)

• Like 1

Ridiculous if you cant test drive because of your age! If your old enough to buy one your old enough to drive one.

Tell them they can sit in the car with you. Do they want a sale or not!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club