Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does A 2008 Fusion Zetec 1.4D Have An Exhaust Catalyser?

Corrib12

Hello - need some clarity, please! Was at my no-nonsense, non-Ford dealer garage today and the manager quoted me £400+ for replacing the full exhaust which is starting to pop and bang after 7 years. He said it was so expensive because it has a catalyst. Is that correct, all these years I've thought the '08 Fusion diesels didn't have the catalyser. I tried Halfords and they quoted £320. Any thoughts?

I found this info, comes from the 2004 service manual tho.

The engine is equipped with an oxidising catalytic converter to ensure that the emissions standards for diesel engines are met.
In order to improve its efficiency when cold, the oxidising catalytic converter is located near the engine and is connected directly to the turbocharger.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this. Helps me know what's what! Any idea how long a c.c. lasts? Mine is 7 years old and the mileage is 45,000. The cam belt should be changed at 75K, I'm told.

Any input appreciated.....

Gordon

I would be surprised if the cat needs changing, hottest part usually don't corrode as quick. , cambelt is 125k or 10 years whichever is sooner.

Normally just the rear silencer and intermediate needs doing

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club