Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Buid Wait Times

Magicmushroom2005

I have ordered and be told 12 weeks upto, this sound right? Its so annoying, does the factory shut for easter in colonge where they are made? So thats a extra 2 weeks waiting maybe grrr

Upto 12 weeks sounds normal, (my first ST took 4 1/2 months). I don't think the factory shuts down at Easter, it does during August for 2/3 weeks.

Ordered mine 31/01/15,was delivered @ dealership 13/03/15 (Built 11/3/15).It took only 6weeks instead of the estimated 8~10weeks.

I ordered 23rd November, build date was 21st January and the dealership didn't receive the car until 4th March, I collected on the 6th. Mine was built in Germany

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

U sure its not closed, jag landrover shuts for easter 2 weeks here , though was same for all car factorys?

Also when u go to pick up new fiesta , do they show u around it ? What extras u have to pay? Ie. Number plates? Etc? I have to pay 55 reg fee

Also when u go to pick up new fiesta , do they show u around it ? What extras u have to pay? Ie. Number plates? Etc? I have to pay 55 reg fee

Well they don't just throw the keys at you and say bye.

They will show you around the car and explain what's what and how to use the features,,mine set the sync up for my iPhone. Have a good look round it and point out anything your not happy with.

The reg fee should be in the On The Road price, not an extra.

They'll probably try to sell you extras like GAP, wheel cover, scratch cover, paint protection. All are overpriced you can get the same cover for less online ( they will tell you the cover isn't as good, they are wrong)

I do my own service on cars but i want the first year warrenty will he ask me upfront for service plan or just book it in when 1 year okd ? After that ill do my self

I do my own service on cars but i want the first year warrenty will he ask me upfront for service plan or just book it in when 1 year okd ? After that ill do my self

not sure if you can service your own to keep the three year warranty, I know genuine ford parts have to be used and im pretty sure book needs stamping

• Like 1

They'll,try and get you to sign up to a service plan, upto you if you think it's worth doing. It might be better to put money away in a bank account, some service plans give a discount on parts.

Warranty is 3 years/60k miles, you can have it serviced by any garage aslong as they use ford parts. How long are you planning on keeping the car? A 2 year warranty extension is possible but needs to be bought before you collect the car.

U sure its not closed, jag landrover shuts for easter 2 weeks here , though was same for all car factorys?

Historically Ford plants have had their main shutdown for 3 weeks late July into August, but it totally depends on operational requirements, product launches, major facility upgrades/repairs, workforce agreements and so on. It's not the same across different companies or even for different plants within the same brand.

Mine was built 4 days after the order was put through supposedly! :) Still have to wait 6 weeks from build to arrive though..

Just heard from Ford. My car will be registered by Tuesday and should have it by Wednesday or Thursday! Must be one of the fastest they've shipped out! From order to delivered in less than a month!!

• Like 1

Just heard from Ford. My car will be registered by Tuesday and should have it by Wednesday or Thursday! Must be one of the fastest they've shipped out! From order to delivered in less than a month!!

Bet your super excited ;)

Absolutely! It actually arrived today! And went to see it to realise I have to go back to the stone age and use the key to open and start the car! I guess it is more secure with all the theft going on recently.

Pick it up Monday. They really pushed it to get into the March sales, even so, 4 weeks from when I expected to pick it up is impressive! Arrived AF Dagenham last Wednesday, arrived today!

Absolutely! It actually arrived today! And went to see it to realise I have to go back to the stone age and use the key to open and start the car! I guess it is more secure with all the theft going on recently.

Pick it up Monday. They really pushed it to get into the March sales, even so, 4 weeks from when I expected to pick it up is impressive! Arrived AF Dagenham last Wednesday, arrived today!

Pleased for you bud! ^_^