Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo tdci 130 P0201 fault code.?

crespo2121

I did the fault code check on the dash today out of curiosity and i got a P0201 fault registered. I have searched the web and it seems to be an Injector circuit fault on cylinder 1.

The car runs fine with no smoke or anything unusual. And the Injectors were replaced at 80k. The car has now done 100k.

Could this be an old fault or should i be worried. I have a DMF which needs changing soon and i could do without another big bill.

Please give me some advise.

Thanks in advance.

you need to test for a signal to the injector? if theres no signal i would have ecu/injector control unit tested.

you need to test for a signal to the injector? if theres no signal i would have ecu/injector control unit tested.

Thanks for the advise. Is that a main dealer job or can i get an indi to do it.?

Im trying to avoid the main dealer and save money. As i have the DMF to deal with. And off topic. I dont suppose you know anything about solid the solid flywheel conversion. Im tempted to do this as it would never need changing again. Good or bad idea.?

It could just be an old fault code that was never cleared. Disconnecting the battery for half an hour or so will reset the code and if it doesn't come back up after a 40 min drive (just to be on the safe side)then that's what it was.

The flywheel conversion is common on the transits, I have done many without a problem. There's no difference in the fitment of either the single or dual. Never done one on the mondeos so cant say whats involved but I would imagine its the same deal

It could just be an old fault code that was never cleared. Disconnecting the battery for half an hour or so will reset the code and if it doesn't come back up after a 40 min drive (just to be on the safe side)then that's what it was.

The flywheel conversion is common on the transits, I have done many without a problem. There's no difference in the fitment of either the single or dual. Never done one on the mondeos so cant say whats involved but I would imagine its the same deal

Ive got one in mine, find transit parts on eBay for the blokes phone number and give him a ring. Was fitted by local garage that do clutches. I rang around and the average price was £150 for labour plus parts, the CSS had gone but I had the lot replaced at same time. Was told the flywheel is slightly thicker....... It can seem a little noisier in car, but it could be my imagination.

If you fit a solid flywheel best to get a solid crankshaft pulley aswell as they can start to vibrate as the weight differnce can off set it slighlty. Mpg as also slighlty less