Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Is This Normal?

laumk7

I've got a fiesta titanium x, had it just over 2 weeks and I've noticed when I unlock it I get a rrrrrrrrrrr as the wing mirrors unfold (normal?) then a second rrrrrrrrrrrr seconds later I've checked and it's not the other wing mirror. Is it just the mechanism resetting itself or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I think it basically tries to close the mirrors twice. Just in case the first one got stuck it just tries to close them a second time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got to the bottom of what it is, I tend to reverse park and then leave the car in gear, the sound appears to have something to do with the camera, as it doesn't do it if I change into a forward gear when parking up

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Not sure about Fiesta but on some cars I worked on, if gears in reverse then mirrors are lowering down so that you could see where the kerb is.

So the door module will do unfolding first, then it'll realise that gearbox is in reverse position and will move mirrors down.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club