Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vinyl Wrapping (Chrome Under Windows + Boot Strip)

L22EEW

Just want to get some other feedback on this, with regards to the cost.

As per title states, i'm looking to get the chrome under the windows (on both sides) vinyl wrapped/sprayed to a matte black - to match the rest of the top section/pillars of door surrounds. Also looking to get the boot strip vinyl wrapped/srayed to white, perhaps?

post-62796-0-77752800-1427219116_thumb.j

I've received some quotes back, but just want to see what others have paid to have this done?

Could do it yourself for about £25 of vinyl! All you need is a heatgun and a squeegie

Workshops will charge you a lot! I enquired about having my wing mirrors done and they wanted anything from £80-£110. So I thought I'll give it a go myself and it's really easy.

Just heat the vinyl and place it where you want. Squeegie the bubbles out and cut with a blade.

Here's some pics:

DSC_0026_zpssydn0v08.jpg

DSC_0007_zps5fszyuks.jpg

edit%202_zpszj8klfww.jpeg

I did also play around with silver, but ultimately preferred the black

4_zpsqfjvn2uy.jpg

3_zpslh56ngct.jpg

That's the joy, you can buy a big roll for <£20 and if you mess it up or don't like it, just peel it off and start again

• Like 2

Marc, you wouldn't believe it, but I actually stripped some vinyl decals off the bathroom wall this morning. They were literally stuck to the wall, so by removing them would rip the paint off. I got my heat gun out of the cupboard, and heated the vinyl up and it peeled right off. Never ever used a heat gun on Vinyl before, but was quite amazed at how more flexible it becomes under heat.

Some of the quotes came back:

• £75
  • £80
  • £130!!!

Vinyl is really cheap to pick up, and I don't needs masses of it either. Just enough to do those proposed strips, plus i'll defo need to get a squeegee!

Yeah I know what you mean, It's super stretchy. The 3M stuff is the best, but it's 2 -3 x more expensive than the cheaper eBay stuff. You do have to be careful not to over stretch the vinyl though as it will shrink over time, meaning you'll have to re do it

• Like 1

Hey,

The boot is an easy piece do you by yourself and should take about 30 mins if your taking your time (not including washing and drying properly)

The windows will take slightly longer due to the pre stretching that should take place in order for it to be a lasting job.

If your needing any help with it give me a PM. You shouldn't need a squeegee for the small areas you want to do :)

Hey,

The boot is an easy piece do you by yourself and should take about 30 mins if your taking your time (not including washing and drying properly)

The windows will take slightly longer due to the pre stretching that should take place in order for it to be a lasting job.

If your needing any help with it give me a PM. You shouldn't need a squeegee for the small areas you want to do :)

Just the man then :)

I've read about the boot piece, but the chrome along the doors, can these be pryed off? Then clipped back on once wrapped?

I'm pretty sure they can't be (the rear 3/4 windows piece anyway) the easiest and best way to do these though would be with knifeless tape along the top half to ensure you don't cut into the rubber.

Once you've got the tape sitting in a good place, pre stretch the vinyl and lay down a small strip in the middle of the chrome. Now lift up the edges and reheat to allow the vinyl to shrink down and around the chrome. Cut away the excess and tuck under the bottom. Use the tape to cut the top and reheat the vinyl to fully activate the adhesive. Done!

Cleaning the pieces properly is key though, make sure no wax, Polish etc is left on before the vinyl is laid.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they can't be (the rear 3/4 windows piece anyway) the easiest and best way to do these though would be with knifeless tape along the top half to ensure you don't cut into the rubber.

Once you've got the tape sitting in a good place, pre stretch the vinyl and lay down a small strip in the middle of the chrome. Now lift up the edges and reheat to allow the vinyl to shrink down and around the chrome. Cut away the excess and tuck under the bottom. Use the tape to cut the top and reheat the vinyl to fully activate the adhesive. Done!

Cleaning the pieces properly is key though, make sure no wax, Polish etc is left on before the vinyl is laid.

I'm pretty good with my hands, so looks like I'll be having a crack at this some time soon.

Drive over here to me in NI and I'll do it for nothing. I get paid to do that sorta thing ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• Like 1

Drive over here to me in NI and I'll do it for nothing. I get paid to do that sorta thing ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Haha... Thanks for the offer. But that's 1 hell of a trek for some wrapping! :lol:

Haha... Thanks for the offer. But that's 1 hell of a trek for some wrapping! :lol:

I was planning on travelling to Ireland for an exhaust earlier in the year! All the best work/deals seem to be coming from there! Haha

Just want to get some other feedback on this, with regards to the cost.

As per title states, i'm looking to get the chrome under the windows (on both sides) vinyl wrapped/sprayed to a matte black - to match the rest of the top section/pillars of door surrounds. Also looking to get the boot strip vinyl wrapped/srayed to white, perhaps?

attachicon.gifWRAPPING.JPG

I've received some quotes back, but just want to see what others have

paid to have this done?

I've had mine done in gloss black on my car by a company call CVC his done a few fiesta on the form!! http://www.cheshirevehiclecosmetics.com/

post-50940-142771040076_thumb.jpgpost-50940-142771041408_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club