Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Near Miss!

Incontro

So today, ended up driving on one of the most obscure, narrow, bumpy, and bendy country roads - not a vehicle in sight. (Stupid satnav!!!)

Anyway, lots of tight bends, so I kept my speed quite low & turned on my headlights for maximum visibility. Rounding one of the corners, a huge truck suddenly emerges from a tight corner, driving in the middle of the road at an unsafe speed (considering the road conditions & visibility).

In a split second slammed on the anchors and swerved into a small ditch, the ABS system grumbled, and I narrowly avoided a collision. Not bad for almost no sleep in the past few days, and having got on the roads at 5 this morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, I learnt that my mate was not so lucky over the weekend. He drives an Astra (yes I know!!) & got rear-ended today at a roundabout at a not so slow speed. Result: suffering from whiplash, and the car got totaled (6k repair quote).

Anyone have any near misses today? Or witness a near miss?

Today is a bad day I think, everything has generally gone wrong for me as well lol.

Your lucky mate and I hope you didn't suffer any damage.

Today is a bad day I think, everything has generally gone wrong for me as well lol.

Your lucky mate and I hope you didn't suffer any damage.

I was deffo lucky. Would have sucked to have an accident in the middle of nowhere!

No damage either - the car desperately needs a wash though (or preferably some rain to save a few quid, haha).

• Like 2

If a dirty car is the worst of it then that's the best crash ever