Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford And Tmc Uk

Knight150

I recently bought a Ford Focus 2011 sport (2.5) partly for the built in Sat Nav, very happy with it, 2010 maps though so bought the 2015 set with a firmware upgrade, great I think but oh no ..

Noticed I wasn't getting any TMC messages or routing, so after some research found on the tomtom forums that due to contractual and pricing issues that this had been removed as a feature,,, annoyed at tomtom they said speak to Ford, so I did

Apparently Ford think the cost of TMC is to much and have removed the feature from the Ford Travelpilot NX. I asked why they didn't warn people with the firmware update, no answer just the usual empty corporate platitudes .. we understand your frustration ....but we aren't going to fix the issue so tough.

If you have sold a sat nav that includes TMC and dynamic routing surely you cant arbitrarily remove the function from those you have already sold it to, to reduce the cost ?

Like your phone manufacturer removing wifi because it cost them to much after they have sold it to you with that feature.

Personally on that performance I would not trust Ford in the future to not do the same thing so would think twice about

a: buying a Ford or

b: Buying and packages if I did instead going third party.

What do you think ?

Question, are you able to downgrade, I recall in my dads cmax we put the old maps inn and it overwrite the firmware, when he traded the car back in.

Thinking you could just buy maps upto 2013? If they still have TMC? Still a upgrade from 2010?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I recently bought a Ford Focus 2011 sport (2.5) partly for the built in Sat Nav, very happy with it, 2010 maps though so bought the 2015 set with a firmware upgrade, great I think but oh no ..

Noticed I wasn't getting any TMC messages or routing, so after some research found on the TomTom forums that due to contractual and pricing issues that this had been removed as a feature,,, annoyed at TomTom they said speak to Ford, so I did

Apparently Ford think the cost of TMC is to much and have removed the feature from the Ford Travelpilot NX. I asked why they didn't warn people with the firmware update, no answer just the usual empty corporate platitudes .. we understand your frustration ....but we aren't going to fix the issue so tough.

If you have sold a sat nav that includes TMC and dynamic routing surely you cant arbitrarily remove the function from those you have already sold it to, to reduce the cost ?

Like your phone manufacturer removing wifi because it cost them to much after they have sold it to you with that feature.

Personally on that performance I would not trust Ford in the future to not do the same thing so would think twice about

a: buying a Ford or

b: Buying and packages if I did instead going third party.

What do you think ?

It would seam this if those features are part of the product description then you have been miss sold by your dealer. Ford & Tom Tom have not sold anything to you.

It would be reasonable for the dealer to refund the cost of the Nav as it does not give you you believed you purchased. It up to you how far you wish to push it at the end of the day.

Its a Ford car with a Ford factory fitted Sat Nav bought from Ford and Ford has stopped using TMC, how is it not Ford ?

It's a service provided by a 'third party' that is a subscription.

You still have the TMC hardware?

You should have been informed when upgrading, I feel. Return the SD card for a refund.

I'd look into 2013 maps to get it all working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Seems stupid I mean my windows phone gives me free European and UK maps with voice guidance voice recognition and traffic reroutes and yet tom tom and ford can't give the basics lets be honest with out voice nav its useless

Ford mention this incompatibility on their satnav updates page.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club