Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dentists Do My Head In!

jeebowhite

Is it just me, or are dentist just frustrating!?!?!

I have had a problem with my jaw for a few years, and recently its just been getting worse. I phoned my GP who said I need to go to my dentist, so I called my dentist...

I have an appointment in 3 weeks anyway, but as the pain and problems are here and now, I dont really want to wait till then! but if you want to see your dentist, you have to pay. I dont want them to do any work in my mouth, I only want them to squeeze me in, talk to me, find out what problems they are having and refer me to maxofacial as they did 3 years ago. But to see them, they will only do so when they do a standard checkup, meaning I have to pay to speak to a dentist.

WHY?!?!?!? Its an NHS Dentist... I dont have to pay to see my NHS GP, I dont have to pay when I see a Doctor in the Hospital, nor do I have to pay for A&E or any other service, so why on earth do I have to pay to talk to an NHS dentist :@

Dont get me wrong - treatment yes! if your not going to look after your teeth and they have to do something to get it sorted, drill out decay, do a polish blah blah, yes, that is treatment, but because my jaw is in agony from an inherited condition (not something I have caused) and I have been doing the excercises to strengthen it (moreso recently) then why do I have to pay to see my dentist?

ARGH!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You would love Ireland then if u don't have a medical card which I don't cause I work you have to pay to see your doctor, A&E everything obviously including dentists. I get your dilema as in 3 weeks time your pain might have gone its like ringing your gp practice and the receptionist saying sorry only appointment we have is next week your like but I won't be sick next week. If I'm sick for more than 3 days or 3 shifts I have to get a doctors note and that costs 50 euro well that's what it costs to see your doctor

• Like 1

What a gyp, 50 euro to go sick? I'd rather pass my bugs around and go to the pub instead ;)

• Like 1

Aye I tend to avoid sick days where possible. Committed (and probably need to be ) to my job. Unless I'm seriously stuffed I go into work lol.

Dentists inthe UK are bandits,,,, when they find out you have to pay then all of a sudden your teeth are in the worsed condition in England,, they have to do this, they have to do that,,, then you need a visit every 3 months so they can extract more cash.
I went to one near me,,, its just a big dentists clinic with about 20 dentists,,, a cash cow in and out job,, and the charge the earth.

Young bloke saw me and started to stab around in my gob whilst chatting the nurse up and telling here how she missed a great one at weekend,,,, i nearly jumped out the chair about 5 times as i had a gum infection,,, he said "can you keep still mate im trying to work here"

he was a little shocked with my response,,, i was out the chair in a shot and had him by his bollx and up against the wall in a flash, took his prong thing with a pointy hooked end and on it and told him to open his mouth as i was going to stab the !Removed! in the gums with it to see ih he kept still ,,, the nurse had run to get help but they didnt know what to do and eventually my wife had to stop me killing the !Removed!..
My gums were pouring with blood and i showed this to the boss and the nurse backed me up that i had asked him to be more careful about 5 times so it got smoothed over,,,
needless to say i got slung out never to return.

I hate people like that.

Went to another dentists and she is brilliant.

• Like 1

My dentist is a pain in the !Removed!, thanks to her spotting a rare irregularity in my mouth I am now staring down the barrel of major surgery, with a nasty biopsy to boot.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Some less than good experiences there, as for surgery who knows whether that is good or bad...

What a gyp, 50 euro to go sick? I'd rather pass my bugs around and go to the pub instead ;)

Tell me about it bad enough your missing work but you are down 50 quid plus what they charge for the prescriptions
  • Like 1

Indeed.

I should move to Wales or Scotland where they get scrips for nowt.

My dentist is never there, always off having babies! It is very difficult to find an NHS dentist, we had so much difficulty finding one we still go to our old one where we used to live, over 30 miles away!

The surgery will be for the best but not looking forward to it!

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

My dentist is never there, always off having babies! It is very difficult to find an NHS dentist, we had so much difficulty finding one we still go to our old one where we used to live, over 30 miles away!

That's nothing. My 'trusted' dentist is over in Bristol, where I used to live. That is around 110 miles away!

And yes I would travel that far, if the job on my teeth is complicated enough, or if surgery is required! :rolleyes:

After reading this I'd probably stick with my old dentist too. I haven't been to a different dentist since I moved a couple years ago and that's probably a good thing.

Figgis41 you sound like a right laugh, we'll have to meet up and have a beer at somepoint, I actually LOL'd at your post.

OT, my dentist is alright, Toothbooth, pokey little job and NHS but never have to wait to see then.

Time to move Jeebo, come to Windsor things work in the royal county to some extent, I even got a parking ticket waivered after I wrote to the MP and winged lol elections are useful at times.

Haha awesomeness. Unlikely to be moving though lol