Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Would You Advertise With Your Car?

jeebowhite

Hi Guys,

Well, an email dropped in my inbox the other day and mentioned something odd I have wondered for some time!

Basically there are companies out there who will pay you to wrap your car (from small decals to full wraps) to advertise something for a business. I must admit, I am even part tempted to look into this much further!

they can pay up to £250 per month for an advert on your car! they pay the wrapping costs and insure the damage to the wrap, the only catch is that you are tied into that advert and cannot do anything until its expired. so for example, you cant buy now, wrap the car and sell the car part way through the process. Since I plan on running Mindel into the ground, I was tempted to see if they would do this...

So anyone thought of it? or am I a lone wolf in this lol.

On a plus side you get to pick the advert that goes on the car, but the more vinyl they put, the more you get paid.

• Like 1

No, but I'm pretty sure it'll affect your insurance wouldn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Apparently not, certainly not significantly and I'm with Adrian flux who aren't too bothered by what it looks like lol

Now that surprises me, I'm recalling that incident where a woman's car insurance was cancelled due to using the car business purposes or something over a (mighty big) sticker, do you remember the one?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yup, its all about keeping them in the loop. If I give this serious thought I would contact them and check their policy on it!

• Like 1

Don't know if I would do it with mine, but when my dad was a driving instructor, he got a massive discount by having sponsored stickers of the dealership on the side of the car.

Maybe I should try and charge my dealer to keep their stickers on my car, haha!

Haha well for up to potentially 2400 quid a year it seems a good idea to boost income...

Just be careful though. I read a couple of years ago where these companies got you to pay for the wrapping costs (promised to reimburse later) and then you heard nothing afterwards - stuck with stickers all over your car.

Aye I wouldn't be doing that lol

• Like 1

You're insurance may change Jeebo, technically you'll be seen to be using the car for a commercial purpose, will only affect it a bit but I'd certainly let them know, just to save any aggro.

Still £2400??? what are the rules? can I buy a £50 !Removed! and get £2400PA just for whacking stickers on it???

The newer and better condition the car the more likely you are to be recieved. Buy a corsa b and they will probably tell you where to go lol. However buy a newer car then your more likely to be accepted.

I think there's other conditions too like you have to keep it clean all the time, and you either can or can't park in certain places for long periods of time or something like that. Otherwise as you say you could buy a cheap old car, park it on the side of the road somewhere and rake in the money lol.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club