Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost Disbale Stop Start

Magicmushroom2005

can i disable the stop start permantly? like taking the fuse out? or something else? sick i pressing the button all the time

cheers

Yes, it is possible,

You need to go to your dealer (or someone else with an IDS computer) and ask if they can disable the start/stop function in the CCC (central car configuration). Problem solved.

I disabled the shift indicator like that.

It might be possible through IDS, although the start motor and battery are different with Stop-Start, so I don't know if there would be any knock on effect.

Any reason why you would want it turned off? I think it is a great feature...

I like it too now im used to it. Took a while though to ignore it

Just hate it lol, i know they beef up starter and battery but how long you reakon they will last?

Well the battery condition is monitored so it will not even activate if the charge or health gets below a certain level.

The starter motor sounds completely different between my Mums 1L ecoboost with stop-start and my grandad's 1L ecoboost without it.

I have not heard of premature failures of the stop start system. I would hope that it lasts as long as they did previously - in that time, it should have saved you a good amount in fuel...

Ford have done extensive testing of stop start, battery more than capable, starter bench tested to death , they seem to cope OK . I've not heard of any starter failures so far and stop start been a while now.

• Like 1

I have stop/start on mine, and always worry about the starter motor going to burn out with the constant stop/start. Living in a very busy city centre, i'm always stopping/starting - nightmare! I sometimes leave it on, or will sometimes turn it off with the stop/start button.

I usually keep cars until I find'em in a heap of rust and I refuse to pay a right arm to get a new starter-ring fitted :)

• Like 1

I usually keep cars until I find'em in a heap of rust and I refuse to pay a right arm to get a new starter-ring fitted :)

dmf will fail before the ring gear is worn out .lol

I've had to change one in the past.

Course, it's always the ring, never the pinion.

Many years ago it was a regular job, gearbox out , flywheel off, warm up the ring gear and tap it off, did quite a few in the 80's/90's era.

I must admit I'd like to disable it competely too, but I've gotten used to disabling it first thing after starting the car.

I can't put my finger on why I don't like it, it just makes me feel uneasy when it stops LOL.

It's blooming frightening if you've stopped for ages with it for whatever reason then it decides to start itself. Never get used to that.

i'm the opposite. i love it. every time it activates i feel all green inside as i know it saving me money and the environment. i will even switch off the climate control if it is preventing it from activating and switch it back on as i drive off.

• Like 1

I do like it if I've timed it right for a stop at lights or roadworks but annoying if you let it stop only for lights to change almost right away. I'm getting pretty good at judging this though.

i'm the opposite. i love it. every time it activates i feel all green inside as i know it saving me money and the environment. i will even switch off the climate control if it is preventing it from activating and switch it back on as i drive off.

bit extreme switching off air con, lol

on the plus side it saves me 2mpg on my jouneys to work. Wow!!

Still , every little helps.

dmf will fail before the ring gear is worn out .lol

Didn't think the little ecoboost was DMF.

Is the 65 mpg helped with stop start? If i dont use it will i get probs 45-50 to gallon?

You won't get 65mpg anyway unless you push the car for 1/4 the journey

• Like 1

You won't get 65mpg anyway unless you push the car for 1/4 the journey

I'm lucky to even get 39mpg!

I'm currently getting 47 mpg urban longest journey 5 miles 94 miles since last reset the trick is to accelerate gently and avoid use of the brakes if possible. (the fuel injectors switch off if left in gear and slow down naturally)

That's quite difficult though due to minimal engine braking.

I got an ST this week after having a Zetec S 1 litre... And I miss startstop. You can see the average MPG ticking down when you're at traffic lights. :(

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club