Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost Disbale Stop Start

Magicmushroom2005

Ian, Once again thanks.5 days and 700 miles s/s still working as it should.

Mac

Did anyone find out if it was possible to disable Stop Start?

Ian, Once again thanks.5 days and 700 miles s/s still working as it should.

Mac

thats good to hear, thought It might fix your issue.

• 2 years later...
On 3/27/2015 at 2:32 PM, iantt said:

when you fit a new battery, resetting of battery monitoring is as follows

Ign on for 10 secs

press foglamp swith 5 times

press hazard switch 3 times

wait up to 10 while watching battery light

battery light flashes

ign off.

job done

now use car as normal

Ian, is there any risk doing this? My SS hasn't ever really worked properly since i bought it from a car supermarket half a year ago - i imagine because the car was sitting there for a good few months unused. I've been on a few 2hr journeys in the last month which i imagine should have charged the battery?

I wouldn't be without start / stop now.   My previous Fiesta was a 2010 without start / stop and I get quite a few more miles to the gallon with this one.   At the moment, with half a tank left, it's showing 47.6 MPG.   I've just bought my wife an auto / petrol Kadjar and that has start / stop too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 4:12 PM, iantt said:

no risk, try it.

Worked a treat, thanks Ian!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if zero degree outside temps will stop the stop/start working? Or maybe the freezing temps has just drained the battery?

My stop/start doesn't work when the snowflake id illuminated on the dash.   Wonder if it is programmed to stop working in extreme cold as it obviously puts more of a strain on the battery.

• Like 1

mine activated at -3 last week once the engine and cabin were up to temperature. should point out that I have an AGM battery fitted instead of the standard EFB. from memory the EFB rarely activated during winter driving 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a 2016 Fiesta Red Edition and my start/stop does not work.  I have tried resetting the battery as others have mentioned previously and that worked - the start/stop worked straight afterwards, but the following days after it has stopped working again.  Does anybody know why this should be so and what is the fix to get it back working again all the time.  About 2 months ago it had a flat battery due to not being used much and it had to be jump started.  Would this have anything to do with my problem now!

Any help much appreciated.

On 3/25/2015 at 9:43 PM, cjay1 said:

i'm the opposite. i love it. every time it activates i feel all green inside as i know it saving me money and the environment. i will even switch off the climate control if it is preventing it from activating and switch it back on as i drive off.

My stop start system works perfectly well with the air/con on.

2 hours ago, Paul Hayes said:

I have a 2016 Fiesta Red Edition and my start/stop does not work.  I have tried resetting the battery as others have mentioned previously and that worked - the start/stop worked straight afterwards, but the following days after it has stopped working again.  Does anybody know why this should be so and what is the fix to get it back working again all the time.  About 2 months ago it had a flat battery due to not being used much and it had to be jump started.  Would this have anything to do with my problem now!

Any help much appreciated.

The jump start itself won’t have caused any problems. Given the battery charge was low, the start stop won’t come on as the engine will be kept switched on to charge the battery. How often do you drive your car and on what distances? Do you have anything fitted to your car that draws power once engine is off? 

At the moment I drive about 6 miles per day, so not very far but use the car nearly every day.  It had a longer drive about 50 miles the other weekend and still no start/stop.  There is nothing fitted to the car that would drain the battery.  If I tried resetting the battery monitoring again then my guess would be that the start/stop would work again but only for that day.    

I have a 2017 Titanium Mk8 and the stop/start stopped working a few weeks ago.  I have completed some long journeys recently and it still doesn't come on.  Would the battery reset be the same for the MK8's?

Edited by Sjwhite
Spelling

• 4 months later...

My stop start on my 2015 focus titanium x has developed an annoying fault it’s got very jerky.

• 7 months later...

But by resetting the battery are you not telling the car there is a Brand New battery in the vehicle?  The charging rate will then be compensated down for a new battery with bags of life whereas currently it will be assuming the battery is x years old and maybe charging it a bit heavier than usual as it is a bit more tired say.  I've heard stories that people change the battery for new and Do NOT reset the battery in the car's ECU this then over charges the new battery cooking it and consequently can ruin it after just 12-18 months. On a plus point though the start stop will probably kick back in.  Like they say, worth a try but you could be reducing the charging on the old battery.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club