Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Pressure

jivemonkey

Bought a used mondeo 1.8 tdci duratorq. It's fitted with 215 50 r 17 tyres 6 speed gearbox. The is size is not mentioned in the ford handbook. Anyone got any ideas on correct tyre pressure?

Is it ok to run these not standard tyres and will it affect the car. I am only getting 44 mpg on the motorway currently which seems low.

It's not a recommended fitmemt that's for sure are you on ford wheels or some aftermarket ones here is a comparison chart to check the rolling circumference it about the same as the standard fitment 235/45/17 but should be on a narrower rim if I've read things right hence asking if they are standard wheels or not as to pressure I would run at 36psi

http://www.alloywheels.com/Tyre_Calculator

• Like 1

Bought a used mondeo 1.8 tdci duratorq. It's fitted with 215 50 r 17 tyres 6 speed gearbox. The is size is not mentioned in the ford handbook. Anyone got any ideas on correct tyre pressure?

You don't say anything else about the car (Mk 4? Mk 4.5? something else?) but Ford seems to recommend the same pressure for most of the standard tyre sizes, so that would be a place to start.

That said, I think that size may have been fitted to the Mk 4.5 (not completely sure), so if that's the case, you might want to look in to what pressure they recommend there.

Is it ok to run these not standard tyres...

Difficult question. Given the rating (is that ok?), is the tyre recommended by the manufacturer for that pan dimension? Is the speed rating adequate?

I am only getting 44 mpg on the motorway currently which seems low.

But are you doing the distance that you think that you are? If the rolling radius is different from the one which was used for speedo/mileometer calibration, you may not be.

It's not a recommended fitmemt that's for sure are you on ford wheels or some aftermarket ones here is a comparison chart to check the rolling circumference it about the same as the standard fitment 235/45/17 but should be on a narrower rim if I've read things right hence asking if they are standard

They are ford rims. The car is a 2007 mk4 tdci 1.8 duratorq 6 speed 125 ps . Book says 215 45 r 15 tyres. Should I be concerned running these?

It's not a recommended fitmemt that's for sure are you on ford wheels or some aftermarket ones here is a comparison chart to check the rolling circumference it about the same as the standard fitment 235/45/17 but should be on a narrower rim if I've read things right hence asking if they are standard

They are ford rims. The car is a 2007 mk4 tdci 1.8 duratorq 6 speed 125 ps . Book says 215 45 r 15 tyres. Should I be concerned running these?.

They are ford rims. The car is a 2007 mk4 tdci 1.8 duratorq 6 speed 125 ps . Book says 215 45 r 15 tyres. Should I be concerned running these?.

OK, they are Ford rims, but from what and what tyres do they get fitted in that application. Either you are going to have to give some information about the rating of the tyres, or you'll have to check it yourself.

In the absence of further information, we'll probably assume that you have checked and it is OK.

Didn't think that any of the Mondeos came on 15 inchers, but maybe I've overlooked something.

Should I be concerned running these?.

Well, you are concerned, which is good. But what action are you going to take?

...but should be on a narrower rim if I've read things right hence asking if they are standard

As the pan dimension hasn't been answered, I think we have to assume that the OP is doing the obvious and checking with the tyre manufacturer (who will also have to know the pan dimension; they're may know about tyres, but they're not psychic, usually).

The 15" is a typo the op has allready stated the wheels are 17"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry they are 97w xl tyres. After some consideration. Going to put recommended 235 45 97w on. Trying to decide if to go for nokian z line or dunlop so sportmax as seeing many good reviews .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club