Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speaker Size In Rear?

Ianb

Hi Guys,

My rear Speakers have seemed to have given up the ghost (together)... not entirely sure, but I'm not massively 'tech savvy' so I figure I'll never find why unless I pay someone, and if they charge me £50 to tell me that the Speakers are stuffed then I won't be thrilled...

..so really I'm looking to try and find the size of Speakers, or if anyone has any links to ones they've used so I can replace the ones I've got (or pay someone else too...).

I'm not really after paying a lot, ideally I just want something on par with standard (I'm thinking of flogging the car soon, so I'd rather not spend a fortune on speakers..)

Depends on your car if it's a focus they are 6.5inch Speakers both front and back make sure u get coxial for rear and component for front

Sent from my iPod touch using Ford OC

Sorry, should have been clearer, yep, it is a focus mk2.

Hmm sounds like more to Speakers than I thought (excuse the pun)...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Pioneer have a decent range of Speakers that will not blow the budget. Check eBay and amazon for them. It's fairly easy to dismantle the door cars and install the Speakers with a few tools. If you are not inclined, some audio shops would fit the Speakers for your for free if you buy it from them. You might pay a bit more for the speakers, but it comes with fitting.

Hi Guys,

My rear speakers have seemed to have given up the ghost (together)... not entirely sure, but I'm not massively 'tech savvy' so I figure I'll never find why unless I pay someone, and if they charge me £50 to tell me that the speakers are stuffed then I won't be thrilled...

Well, the two most likely faults in Speakers themselves are that you overdrive them, and the voice coils burn out, and then, if you test with an ohm-meter you get an open circuit (instead of the roughly 4 or 8 ohms that you are likely to get with a working speaker) or that the voice coil scrapes against the magnet assembly, and then you still hear (distorted) noise out of them until finally the voice coil wears through and it again goes open circuit.

It is probably a bit unusual for two to go simultaneously, so just be a bit wary, because there could be a shared fault (wiring, a fuse) that has caused both to stop working simultaneously without it necessarily being the Speakers themselves that are at fault.

@Hassen

Pioneer have a decent range of speakers that will not blow the budget.

True enough. If you go into pretty much any independent car bits shop, as well as all the stuff that they have on show, they will have catalogues from people like Pioneer, Infinity, Sony, etc, etc, with their 'Custom' ranges of Speakers, and these are the ones intended as drop-in replacements for OEM fitment speakers. If you are prepared to do the research, you can probably find the same speakers cheaper on E-Bay, amazon, etc, though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club