Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Problems In Re-Mapped Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost

itzu86

Hi FOC Guys.

About a month ago i bought the Superchips bluefin remap for my Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost (100 bhp).

And i was REALLY possitive to feel the gains that the car got from the remap.

But, now my car is going to the mecanic.!! my Release bearing in the clutch is done for it.

I have never driven the car out to maximum rpm, but still the clutch is broken.!!

£360 in repairs after just 80.000km in the car. :cry:

Any one else with a re-mapped Fiesta, who have experienced this??

• Like 1

You should have looked on here before purchasing :(

Although bluefin delivers great results ive seen alot of people saying it isn't very clutch friendly hense the reason they pay more for a mountune upgrade(usually mountune).

I'm sorry to hear that your car is poorly but that's the risk you take with results like that from a standard ecu modifier.

You can't even guarantee that a new clutch will last all that long with the bluefin installed, it might but, might not.. Your choice :)

Is it just the release bearing thats had it? Is clutch slipping ?

Where is the evidence that the remap directly caused clutch failure ?

The clutch is not slipping. But when i'm in neutral and i release the clutch pedal, it starts to "whees" from the clutch. when i push down the clutch pedal, it stops. and when i'm in 1st gear it has a high pitch noise.

Mondeo Txs 2.2 : I have a friend with the exact same car and the exact same remap. he has the same problem now.

That isn't evidence, that's coincidence, just because this car has a Bluefin remap doesn't mean the remap caused the clutch failure

• Like 2

more torque = more clutch wear, not exactly an uncommon thing on any car, more common on dervs though except Mondeos some how, mapped Honda diesels die very quickly when mapped.

• Like 1

It's perfectly possible for a clutch,or a clutch component to fail at 80,000 kms - remapped or not.

• Like 4

maybe. maybe not. was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything like this. hope to have better luck with the new release bearing i'm getting installed tuesday morning.

I agree - although I think it's more like the delicate little 3 pot turbocharged ecoboost isn't really suitable ?

Perhaps worth looking whether the Red / Black editions have a different part number for the cluches and bearings, if anyone has access. may well be an eye opener to people considering taking the car above 140BHP or so.

Mountune's weak MP135 was made slightly weaker than others, most likely for a reason like this.

• Like 1

What I'm getting at is if the Reds have a different part number of the clutches then ergo the standard clutch on the 100/125's isn't suitable for power over 140 or thereabouts, Ford will have made another to suit.

• Like 2

Noisey release bearing got nothing to do with remap, agree high torque can put a strain on clutch friction plate, but the extra torque is minimal on 1,0 ecoboost.

as you say clutch is not slipping.

Has box been removed to confirm bearing fault?

Or is it guessing time still with asumptions thrown in.lol

• Like 3

That's possible, I think the 100 p.s. ecoboost is already on it's output ceiling.

I think the engine is strong enough. but it could use a better/stronger clutch. Maybe at some point there will be a "racing" clutch for it. :)

The O.P. states the remap has only been operative for a month, yet the car has covered 80,000 kms - most of which were evidently driven without the remap.

• Like 1

My mechanic is the one who said it is the bearing. It will in his garage all day tuesday. then we will see if its the bearing or not.

From what your saying anyway it might not be the release bearing, could be the input shaft bearings noisey in the gearbox.

in some point i hope its "just" the release bearing. It will cost a fortune if its the gearbox.! :o or anything in it for that matter.

I've had my stage 1 ECU Remap [100bhp originally] since 10th Feb. Not reporting any issues yet?

• Like 1

What's the output now ?

Approximately 140bhp. Pulls like a train :D literally get pushed back into my seat if accelerating hard.

• Like 3

And then you woke from your dream.lol

• Like 1

Approximately 140bhp. Pulls like a train :D literally get pushed back into my seat if accelerating hard.

I wonder what effect an extra 25 will have on that ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club