Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Systems Fault After Egr Blank

matthen

Just been to the garage to get the leaky cooler gasket replaced and the egr blanked. Driving home I recieved an "Engine Systems Fault" and the little red light on the dash.

Checked for DTC codes, nothing showing. Anybody else come across this after disabling the EGR on a 1.8 tdci MK2 ?

I always thought the egr on the 1.8tdci was ecu controlled so if the sensors cant see the emissions then it will throw a fault. However i could be wrong and someone may have exp on this...

I just kept mine clean and getting the car to 3k revs for a motorway journey to clean it out...

I always thought the egr on the 1.8tdci was ecu controlled so if the sensors cant see the emissions then it will throw a fault. However i could be wrong and someone may have exp on this...

I just kept mine clean and getting the car to 3k revs for a motorway journey to clean it out...

Yeah, that is what I've done up till now, take it up to the govener leaving a roundabout on the local dual carriageway. My main issue/worry leading to the blank is I am doing more and more crappy little runs round town - i'd really like to trade it in for a petrol, but I cannot afford it.

My Egr is blanked and the EML took about 300 miles to go out. Best cheap mod you can do

EML isn't on, just the little read light by the display comes on, apparently at random.

But wow, the performance difference is worth it. Low down acceleration is much improved, all hesitation gone.

There wont be any EML showing on the 1.8 TDCi, unless you have an EML for the EGR before you blanked it, so it would need cleaned or something to fix that.

you will need a code reader to pick up what the Engine Systems fault error is, it probably wont show on the Test menu in the cluster.

There wont be any EML showing on the 1.8 TDCi, unless you have an EML for the EGR before you blanked it, so it would need cleaned or something to fix that.

you will need a code reader to pick up what the Engine Systems fault error is, it probably wont show on the Test menu in the cluster.

I checked it via the OBDII port using my mobile - no errors showed.

I could check it with the laptop, my gut feeling says nothing will show up though.

Not had any problems on my 1.8 since blanking last year.

Interesting, i'll take the computer out at some point tomorrow, see if i can persuade the light to come on. The mechanic who fitted the plate did break the MAP vacuum pipe and replace it with a non-ford pipe. The new pipe isn't shaped like the old one, although it appears to be the same diameter etc. Wonder if it makes a difference.