Do Not Sell My Personal Information

W Reg Ka 1.3 - Manual Or Automatic Belt Adjuster?

Rusty Bullet

I would like to change my auxiliary belt, but the on-line shop lists many types of belt for the reg of my car. Would someone be able to tell me if the W reg Ka, 1.3 are fitted with manual or automatic adjusters please? I have no a/c but I do have PAS.

Many thanks.

My fiesta has the same 1.3 engine (assuming yours is the 1.3 endura-e) with PAS but no a/c. It has an automatic belt adjuster, makes it dead easy to fit :)

Thanks for the reply. Mine is the Endura (not sure about 'e'). Is there a way to tell by looking if it is the automatic adjuster? Or is it just engine specific, i.e. all Endura-e engines on Ka cars are auto adjust?

Yes its automatic but you need to go to Henry and get the OEM fan belt for the Endura E as its a special size ie sizing in between the ones the belt manufacturers make for common use. Endura E is the Ka Fiesta engine

look here for your part

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_ka_multi_v_belt__f_1036917_c_378.htm

fordparts uk

just email them with your reg and what you want and they will email you back with the correct part and part number and prices

that way you will get the correct belt for your car

writ down your chassis number as they will need it along with your reg.

chassis number is on the windscreen or under carpet by the drivers seat

let us know how you get on

Thanks for the advice, although the prices on Eurocarparts is very seductive: Dayco Drive Belt Part No.: 202440935 @ £11.52 on-line.

I know the official service interval for a new drive belt, but is their a common mileage/age change?

I have to say, my Ka's Endura-E (I've had cars with the Kent engine since my old Capri 1600 x-flow back in the early 80s) at 82,000 miles is as quiet as a mouse. It is a shame the car has some rot, but even weilding is cheap enough to keep it on the road for the time being.

Can I use fully synthetic oil? Also, the owner's manual contradicts the Haines manual. The owner's manual states SAE 5W/30 and the Haines states 10W/30 or 10W/40.

I also understand that the oil fliter is awkward to access and get off with a chain grip (according to Wiki).

Thanks for the advice, although the prices on Eurocarparts is very seductive: Dayco Drive Belt Part No.: 202440935 @ £11.52 on-line.

I know the official service interval for a new drive belt, but is their a common mileage/age change?

I have to say, my Ka's Endura-E (I've had cars with the Kent engine since my old Capri 1600 x-flow back in the early 80s) at 82,000 miles is as quiet as a mouse. It is a shame the car has some rot, but even weilding is cheap enough to keep it on the road for the time being.

Can I use fully synthetic oil? Also, the owner's manual contradicts the Haines manual. The owner's manual states SAE 5W/30 and the Haines states 10W/30 or 10W/40.

I also understand that the oil fliter is awkward to access and get off with a chain grip (according to Wiki)

I ordered my drive belt from ECP and they sent me the wrong one, but went instore and they gave me the right one.

As for the oil, I use Castrol Magnatec 5w30 Fully synthetic in mine. The oil filter is a bit awkward, but I've done them several times on my mk5 and mk3 fiestas, just get your hand round it and it'll come off with a bit of force - luckily I have big hands :D

Also, I get to the oil filter from the right hand side of the engine and reach round, means you don't have to remove anything to get to it.

I wouldnt waste money on synthetic oil. oil filter is easy to get off if the car is jacked up. There are about 8 different types of oil filter removal tools on the market I have a metal band one and it just slips over the filter

I wouldnt waste money on synthetic oil. Oil filter is easy to get off if the car is jacked up. There are about 8 different types of oil filter removal tools on the market I have a metal band one and it just slips over the filter

Can't say I've noticed much of a difference in price between semi and full, other than going for cheap brands which I personally wouldn't do. No real need to raise the car as long as the filter isn't really stuck.

Thanks for the tips. I have to postpone 'till Easter. I balked at the auxiliary belt from Ford: ~£32.00 over the counter.

Off the shelf belts are 19330 (too small) and 19340 (too long) the belt from Henry has these markings Ford XS6E6C301JB also marked 6K 1936EL and marked F848C

Off the shelf belts are 19330 (too small) and 19340 (too long) the belt from Henry has these markings Ford XS6E6C301JB also marked 6K 1936EL and marked F848C

I got one that was just right "Off the shelf" and not from "Henry"

goto the ford web site i posed that way you will get the correct componenent for you car or save a few quid by buying a part that may bugger up more than its worth

• Like 1

I agree spend a little extra and get the right part which is high quality and will fit.

the genuine part is about £17.00 plus vat and delivery

so get it as we know it will be the correct one and a quality one

rusty bullet click the link to the ford online site as they are cheaper than over the counter. you ask for help and advice then seem to ignore what people tell you.

Delboy: I planned to do the job the same day, so I was looking for over the counter part, but the price put me off buying there and then. As I saw the the big difference in price between over the counter and on line, I postponed changing the belt.

I didn't ignore anyone ;)

However, I would be interested to know if the patterned part I mentioned was the right size for a KA. Once you add VAT and delivery to £18, one is not far off the over the counter price any way.

I would prefer OEM parts when it comes to belts, but at least if an auxiliary belt snaps it doesn't mean bent valves. Although stearing may become a challenge! :P

Delboy: I planned to do the job the same day, so I was looking for over the counter part, but the price put me off buying there and then. As I saw the the big difference in price between over the counter and on line, I postponed changing the belt.

I didn't ignore anyone ;)

However, I would be interested to know if the patterned part I mentioned was the right size for a KA. Once you add VAT and delivery to £18, one is not far off the over the counter price any way.

I would prefer OEM parts when it comes to belts, but at least if an auxiliary belt snaps it doesn't mean bent valves. Although stearing may become a challenge! :P

According to the information there, that belt will fit. Worst case you then take it back for a full refund, but it will fit anyway.

No dobt someone will now come along and rubbish what I've just said, but I'm right, so...

• 4 weeks later...

Due mainly to laziness, this belt replacement project is postponed, but I will update when done.

after you saying you wanted the belt over the counter & wanted to do it the same day & you still havent done it ... get it orderd from fordpartsuk & you have it there ready to fit and it will be the corrcect part

I wanted to try and do it that day, but since then I have other things in the way, it also looks an awkward job.

I replaced the oil and filter and even that was a hastle. I couldn't make out the new oil on the dip stick; it was too clean and the oil smeared all the way up the stick. I put 3.2L in, but when the oil darkened slightly (30 miles driving) I could see it was over full and I had about 1/2 or 2/3 pint too much so I have drained off a pint so that it is 2/3 up between the two notches!

it can be a bugger to do. alsk your local garage to do it as from memory it's about £40.oo inc the belt