Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remove Plastic Grille Mk7.5 ? (Red Edition)

elkanah

I have unsuccessfully tried to remove the front grille on my Red ed. to be able to fit a badge there. I've come across a couple of videos on youtube and on the forum (guide) that seem to indicate that there's some clips around the grille and by pulling gently you should be able to remove it. How hard does it stick? I'm afraid to pull so hard it breaks. Anyone got any tricks? Thanks.

The grille is a bugger to get off and the Zetec S is even worse. I found taking the bumper off is the only way sorry.

• Like 1

As Willy said (I followed his guide).

When I removed my chrome grille, the surround piece broke in 2 pieces (nothing a bit of glue can't bond). But I managed to remove the middle grille without breaking it, I was ever so gentle mind ;)

It is possible to remove it with the bumper on its getting it started that's a pain. First you have to remove the surround which has clips all the way around but isn't too bad to get off. That then exposes the clips that hold the main grill in place. The clips point away from the centre of the grill, best bet is to get a screw driver in between the clip and bumper plastic they slide into, starting at one corner. Once you get a few off you can get your arm down the back of the grill and lift the clips with your hands easily. The grill itself is pretty strong so don't be afraid to bend it a bit in order to keep the clips from snapping back in.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got my grille off the chrome in 5 mins without removing surround and without damaging the grille maybe because it was new i dont know,

Pull the corner first and press agaist the bumper to counter act it and will unclip once then first clip out just pulls out in one, i have pics but cant upload if anyone knows how ill upload my pics

I got my grille off the chrome in 5 mins without removing surround and without damaging the grille maybe because it was new i dont know,

Pull the corner first and press agaist the bumper to counter act it and will unclip once then first clip out just pulls out in one, i have pics but cant upload if anyone knows how ill upload my pics

When you want to post a replay and click on "more reply options" (at the lower end of the page), you can attach files/pictures to your post. :)

On the subject: I broke my old chrome grille too, when I changed it with Zetec S grille. There was (in my opinion) no way, to pull it off without breaking the plastic.

Anyways, I'm pretty lucky with my black grille. :D

I have unsuccessfully tried to remove the front grille on my Red ed. to be able to fit a badge there. I've come across a couple of videos on youtube and on the forum (guide) that seem to indicate that there's some clips around the grille and by pulling gently you should be able to remove it. How hard does it stick? I'm afraid to pull so hard it breaks. Anyone got any tricks? Thanks.

I managed to attach my bolt on S badge the other day without having to touch the grille :) ,I just screwed the plate on a little bit and then put it through the grille and tightened it fully by hand and then by holding the plate in place while turning the badge till it was just tight enough and straight :) post-56845-14295706372_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club