Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It My Driving Style

slowbutsure

Hi

I've recently bought my first diesel car a Focus Estate 1.8 TDCI 115ps on a 02 plate .69250 miles

My problem is it seems very slow to pick up from 1200 - 2000 revs when pulling, but once over 2200 rev and the turbo comes in its off like a steam train and then its a race to change up a gear then we start the process again,I'm wondering if its my style of driving being a truck driver and being told to change up early and let the engine torque do the work or if the car as some sort of problem <_<

Cheers

Sounds like genuine turbo lag which all injection turbo diesels suffer from at low revs this happens because the turbo will be set to open up at a certain rev count usually 1800 - 2000 then will die off again at about 3600 thats why you have a slow climb, I dont think it is your driving style but if your used to a petrol car they do rev differently, My advice would be to get the most out of your gears keep your foot quarter to half way till you feel the torque hit you in the back (1800-2000) this lets you know when the turbo is open then push gas further till around 3200 - 3400 before changing gear then the revs should roll over at 1800 - 2000 to the next gear which will give no lag and continuous power. I had a 306 D turbo for 2 years and drove it harder than this and it never failed once. lol