Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Are People So Bad At Parking?

Ryan M

It's sad to think how some of us spend so much time money and effort to look after our cars and people just dont care to hit them?

So the real question is, why are people so bad at parking? Just don't care about other people's things?

Unfortunately i park on the road side of a street, not a drive. (that's my biggest issue)

Ive had the care about 6/7 weeks now and the other day noticed someone had clipped my front, from the reg plate pretty much all the way along, alot of it a minor paint rub but has ripped the paint in some places.

Today i have also noticed my back end has been clipped, in the centre there's a paint rub/smudge whatever you want to call it, and again near the side it's chipped the paint off..

So !Removed! !Removed! off, either someone's out to !Removed! me off.. or my luck is running low, or my street is full of retards?

I don't know how people do it when i give people plenty of space when i park..

Does anyone know of any decent paint repair kits? Prefferably tried and tested by someone here?

post-62297-0-06993200-1427650096_thumb.j

post-62297-0-84308100-1427650117_thumb.j

Apologies for the bad language (good job you can't see it)

I've tried Ford's own touch up kit with exact colour match and I bought my own paint brushes that were very fine. It still doesn't look great at all.

There's a guy around my way who fixes such problems easily and much cheaper than a bodyshop. I have used his services many times and its worth paying for. Check out the yellow pages etc. for mobile paint repair guys in your area and get some quotes together.

• Like 1

By the time you buy all the stuff to do it your self it won't cost much more to get a mobile repair guy and it will be a much better job, I feel for you my wife a

has just kerbed our front alloy not a big scuff but still spoils the look of the car

Time to invest in a Car Cam with parking mode.

Funnily enough yesterday I dropped the wife at Tesco & shortly afterwards I returned & stayed in the car to wait for her.

To see some of the attempted parking shannigans was an education.

Some people MUST park as close to the store entrance as possible, why FFS.

Not been sexist but 99.9999999999999r % were women drivers.

Op, I feel your pain.

• Like 2

Some people MUST park as close to the store entrance as possible, why FFS.

Lol yes I've never understood why they do that, it's like they want to squeeze into the tightest space possible.

Lol yes I've never understood why they do that, it's like they want to squeeze into the tightest space possible.

Or, as I find, people don't consider that the car they park next to is a three door car and, thus, has large doors! No problem for them in their five door family runaround that they park aimlessly, but I then find myself being very thankful for the fact I'm still slim and can still get into my car!

Another thing that gets to me about parking, I will park in the furthest spot or alone on the roof of a multi storey to avoid door dents and numpty drivers and 9 times out of 10 I'll come back to find someone has parked next to me..

Also I'm female, but must be the odd percent who CAN park, drive, etc :p

I do know where you're coming from though, there are very many out there who let the side down using the excuse 'because I'm a girl' :rolleyes: (nothing winds me up more)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It's because for years Men have been telling them lies as to what 8 inches is ;)

• Like 3

8 !Removed! hell Clive!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I know how you feel, I've been lucky so far, had my car since July 2014 and last week discovered some idiot put a dent in the passenger side and a scrape at the bottom near the wheel arch, I suspect one of the 3 van owners that live on my street, really killed my mood, cant have something without someone else ruining it.