Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Speaker Upgrade

Paramanic

Hey all Im thinking of upgrading my Speakers in car but keeping my sony unit (titanium) the Speakers are sound system is enough but i hate when you get a bass song and Speakers cant handle it basically but problem is ive never done it before and dont know what to get so links and info would help alot as first time fore everything :D i have been reading about the forum but would need a little help about this one as im new to it (hate to admit it XD)
thanks in advance :D

Ford sell pioneer kits that are plug and play, look up the accessory brochure on line.

Ford sell pioneer kits that are plug and play, look up the accessory brochure on line.

They any good tho?

If you just want deeper bass, then consider adding a subwoofer as that would be adequate for your needs. New Speakers will probably not give you that bass that you are looking for. There are different types of subwoofer and reading up about them might help you narrow your choices.

Have a look at my thread for info.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/52338-hassens-ford-focus-16-tdci-build-thread/

If you just want deeper bass, then consider adding a subwoofer as that would be adequate for your needs. New speakers will probably not give you that bass that you are looking for. There are different types of subwoofer and reading up about them might help you narrow your choices.

Have a look at my thread for info.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/52338-hassens-ford-focus-16-tdci-build-thread/

naw buddy just the Speakers as even if added subwoofer Speakers would still make daft noises its more of a clearer base lol

If you fitted a sub, for example an underseat active sub, you could cut the bass from the door Speakers so they would only do the mid/treble. Less reason for the door Speakers to vibrate and make daft noises.

As always cheers Mark might do both then :) thanks bud

I have added aftermarket sub turned the Base right down on the radio but there is still plenty of bass comming from the sub without the door cards vibrating.

I have added aftermarket sub turned the Base right down on the radio but there is still plenty of bass comming from the sub without the door cards vibrating.

How did you add it in? Are they a plug at back is system or what? Buddy

Underseat powered subwoofer would be the best bet I think without breaking the bank. At a later stage, you can always get a coaxial set of Speakers to have clearer mids and high frequency.

How do you wire the underwear sub ? I'm new to this sort of thing

How did you add it in? Are they a plug at back is system or what? Buddy

installed a sub with high pass filters built in and wired in to rear Speakers

Any photos of this set up please? As me being a fan of Trance/Funky House... I do like some base. But dislike the rattling door cards! :D

I used to have a JBL sub/amp installed in the boot of my previous Clio. With a alpine head unit the sound was fantastic, but I lost half of the boot space because of the sub/amp. Don't really want to have this in the Fiesta, and I like to have ample boot space.

• Like 1

Plus one to that

will try and post some pics up tomorrow.

http://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/brands-bass-face/power12.2-bass-face-2600w-double-12-active-powered-car-sub-box-subwoofer-amplifier-amp.html

this is the sub i got unfortunately it does take up half the boot and is a bit ott.

http://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/brands-bass-face/power12.1-bass-face-12-1300w-car-sub-box-subwoofer-and-built-in-amplifier-powered-package.html

this one would probably do the job and give you more boot space

Under seat subs? And can you have two ?

mine isn't an under seat sub it goes in the boot. its 2 12" subs in one enclosure with built in amp. i may well have gone for an under seat sub if i didn't already have this one from last car

• Like 1

A checked it out mate what Speakers fit in place directly? Plug n play

you dont need them plug and play just get these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-2008-on-SPEAKER-ADAPTOR-KIT-COLLARS-/380695025936?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58a3311910

then any 16.5mm Speakers

some of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100x-Blue-Scotch-Lock-Wire-Connectors-Quick-Splice-Terminals-Crimp-Electrical-/251001987313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a70e260f1

then you can have the Speakers of your choice and keep the original wiring intact

speaker sizes are same front and rear not sure on tweeters

Best thing would be to get some decent components are replace the tweeters, Alpine ones aren't too badly priced tbh about £140 a pair for decent lines.

the rattles you'll never stop, I remember mine wasn't the door cars or trims that rattled it was the switch for the mirror adjustment that always rattled, the rest of the car was spot on for this. just touching the sliver switched and it stopped. quite annoying.

Best thing would be to get some decent components are replace the tweeters, Alpine ones aren't too badly priced tbh about £140 a pair for decent lines.

the rattles you'll never stop, I remember mine wasn't the door cars or trims that rattled it was the switch for the mirror adjustment that always rattled, the rest of the car was spot on for this. just touching the sliver switched and it stopped. quite annoying.

not so bad then

its not a rattle is my problem the front left speaker is goosed lol takes no base a think its burst but cba getting it fixed as i want something that can handle a bit more bud :)

you dont need them plug and play just get these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-2008-on-SPEAKER-ADAPTOR-KIT-COLLARS-/380695025936?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58a3311910

then any 16.5mm speakers

some of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100x-Blue-Scotch-Lock-Wire-Connectors-Quick-Splice-Terminals-Crimp-Electrical-/251001987313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a70e260f1

then you can have the speakers of your choice and keep the original wiring intact

speaker sizes are same front and rear not sure on tweeters

Can I cut off plug from old speaker for new speaker? And how hard is this sounds simple but being me a over think

You not got a soldering iron? You can buy the clips separately and have any speaker you like, cost pence and take seconds to fit to the wire in reality.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club