Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Speaker Upgrade

Paramanic

13 for blue cable (think that's ignition)

Or is it 36?

Looking at the manual, I'd say 36. And you could connect the continuous power to fuse 30, which is your front auxiliary power point. Your rear auxiliary power point appears to be a relay (R8); I didn't realise the fuseboxes had changed so much along with the facelift! EDIT: your manual also includes fuse 29 which is listed as "rear power point", but I don't know if that relies on having the relay R8 which may or may not already be included in your fusebox.

For mine, I will probably connect the continuous power to fuse 36 (rear power point) and the remote to 41 (ignition switch position 1). Mine is a 2009 plate, so don't apply my exact fuses to yours, obviously :P

post-61429-0-75914900-1428694854_thumb.p

Cheers mate! Sorted now just the wait!

Cheers mate! Sorted now just the wait!

A little bit more thought on the ignition fuse, you appear to have only one fuse which has the Amp rating of both my fuses combined. Makes sense to me anyway!

2009:

post-61429-0-68788200-1428695539_thumb.p

2013:

post-61429-0-35750200-1428695540_thumb.p

Settled with what fuses you're going to connect/piggyback from?

29 and 26 mate a think

post-50202-142870349768_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Right got all parts in today am at work so finish at 3pm as long as rain stays off it should be fine :)

So when taking apart need to disconnect battery

Then disconnect seat and airbag bits underneith and take seat out and al be started! :p

Whatever you do don't reconnect the battery/turn on the ignition with the airbags disconnected =)

• Like 1

Whatever you do don't reconnect the battery/turn on the ignition with the airbags disconnected =)

Would you recommend disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes (to discharge?), before disconnecting the air-bag connections? I only ask because I had to replace the clock-spring on my Clio, and my Dad advised me to disconnect battery, and wait at least 30 minutes before removing the air-bag from/off the steering wheel.

Would you recommend disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes (to discharge?), before disconnecting the air-bag connections? I only ask because I had to replace the clock-spring on my Clio, and my Dad advised me to disconnect battery, and wait at least 30 minutes before removing the air-bag from/off the steering wheel.

I would disconnect the battery & turn on the ignition the discharge everything, try to turn the radio on too. Then go make a cuppa, come back and unplug stuff

You should be fine without but with airbags you can't be too careful :)

• Like 2

Awww man ...... Gonna be even longer ...the piggy backs linked is wrong ones :(

Gonna have to order the smaller fuse one

Awww man ...... Gonna be even longer ...the piggy backs linked is wrong ones :(

Gonna have to order the smaller fuse one

Mini piggy back you need. Don't tell me you ordered the normal size piggy back?

Mini piggy back you need. Don't tell me you ordered the normal size piggy back?

Yep but a didn't think as

A just bought from the link a was gave on this thread that's all

Yep but a didn't think as

A just bought from the link a was gave on this thread that's all

Never mind fella. You'll get there!

I feel a bit guilty for that, sorry, mate! I didn't realise they would have been the mini ones! I'll have to check my fusebox as well and see what size is needed for mine seeing as the fuses are already quite different in the space of a few years...

I feel a bit guilty for that, sorry, mate! I didn't realise they would have been the mini ones! I'll have to check my fusebox as well and see what size is needed for mine seeing as the fuses are already quite different in the space of a few years...

Shame on you!! :D

Awk don't worry mate just a wee bit longer to wait hehe

Here see if I link all the wires to the head unit today but didnt plug anything into them would ma car be ok?

Bump

Lol, impatient. :o

I wouldn't see if being a problem. But personally if it were me, I would wait until I have all the correct bits - before starting the job in question.

Lol, impatient. :o

I wouldn't see if being a problem. But personally if it were me, I would wait until I have all the correct bits - before starting the job in question.

Had to be lol rain was coming! And had to pick ppl up but a wired on the audio part

ordered now will get the things i need for tuesday!

post-50202-0-91671800-1428821118_thumb.p

• Like 2

Also writing the guide atm too so expect lots of pics and maybe vids too also a updated guide to remove the mk7.5 head unit ....fairly simple

I did the audio wires yesterday just before the rain came over (blo0dy Scotland.........)

Managed to get wires through a tiny hole to left of the head unit to the glove box area

• Like 1

Shame on you!! :D

I have slapped myself on the wrist... I was distracted by the fact it came with numerous fuses too, y'see!

I'm glad to hear everything is all good though so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the guide (you will be the pro at this!).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club