Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Speaker Upgrade

Paramanic

I'm taking pictures but thinking to add videos too do you all want vids or picture enough?

Photo's will be good enough, but be sure to have as many as possible ^_^

(create a guide, that's "idiot" proof) :D

• Like 2

I'm good to have photos as a reference. They might also be a bit easier for you to take, rather than aiming a camera continuously where you're trying to work and that! Is anyone else inspired to get one of these fitted, or just us three? :P

• Like 1

Just us 3 at the moment... even though I haven't ordered my subwoofer yet. I'm waiting to see how the Scottish lad gets on! :P

Yes, I'm also waiting on our Scottish friend here as I will be interested to see whether it does all fit together as I envisage in my head! But I'm already in trouble for delaying things... :P

• Like 1

Haha yeah it should do :p

Waiting on parts so Tuesday is when it all comes but won't be able to put together till Wednesday as I'm working all day Tuesday lol also working all day today but been writing the guide today and altering the instructions to suite us all want a wee preview of one of the instructions part?

Right heres a wee preview let me know what you think :)

post-50202-0-95050200-1428862659_thumb.p

• Like 1

Good so far. I'll confirm the fuses I'll use on my older Fiesta for the benefit of anyone else!

Good so far. I'll confirm the fuses I'll use on my older Fiesta for the benefit of anyone else!

Yeah mate confirm it and al add it in buddy

I've just had a quick look out in my car to visualise how to manage the cables.

I'm not necessarily game for taking out my passenger seat (unless that's well documented in your guide :P). I'm thinking, as an alternative, that they could be routed along the centre underneath the trim on the left hand side of the gearstick and handbrake, then discretely reveal and quickly hide underneath the seat! I could always wrap them in some of the soft side velcro tape to make them less obvious..

James, do you think the cables will happily fit underneath the trim, or is the size of all the cables together that have to go into the subwoofer going to be pushing it? I'm not worried about a small amount of peeking cable, particularly as it would only be visible to those really looking at the front, or perhaps rear passengers (I don't think my six year old nephew would mind)!

I also forgot to look at a grounding point (again!). Is there one nicely available behind the glovebox?

I've just had a quick look out in my car to visualise how to manage the cables.

I'm not necessarily game for taking out my passenger seat (unless that's well documented in your guide :P). I'm thinking, as an alternative, that they could be routed along the centre underneath the trim on the left hand side of the gearstick and handbrake, then discretely reveal and quickly hide underneath the seat! I could always wrap them in some of the soft side velcro tape to make them less obvious..

James, do you think the cables will happily fit underneath the trim, or is the size of all the cables together that have to go into the subwoofer going to be pushing it? I'm not worried about a small amount of peeking cable, particularly as it would only be visible to those really looking at the front, or perhaps rear passengers (I don't think my six year old nephew would mind)!

I also forgot to look at a grounding point (again!). Is there one nicely available behind the glovebox?

See mate your thinking ahead too much :P

well you have to disconnect battery anyway and the seats are only held in with 4 bolts torx screws t50s a beleive so not that hard but you just cam up with something that i was already doing...... you dont really have to take seats out (i will cover it tho)

what im doing ive already found a easy way to get the wires from headunit to the glovebox then from glovebox to trim to left of the gearstick (passengerside) at the bottom and coming out at under the seat what i did is a bought trunking to neaten it up where the wires come out and this will make it look beter too. (this is the audio cables)

now the powerlines is to the left im gonna run them from fuse box to under trim to the left of the passenger side and again out underneith the seat with trunking to make it more neat aswell and the sub will be held down with velcro ......

also for the ones with armrest putting the remote control here

post-50202-0-02259400-1428958406_thumb.j

to make it more discreet

right i installed the subwoofer and sounds great but the blue light on the remote is staying on .....used audio as constant and the ignition as the remote ....dont understand how it can still be on?

any idea what other one for remote fuse?

its ok a got the light to turn off by using the fuse 15!! :D (if you dont turn the ignition on the sub wont go on) but if you turn the ignition to even level one on it the sub now turns on :D !!!!

oh and cant forget the sound its sounds great......im gonna polish the guide up already wrote out but gonna need to take things apart again to give more detail the full guide will be done ....oh and for people who is scared to remove seat a did it without removing it!

Teaser :D
(guide should be done for friday latest a think :D )
post-50202-0-57883600-1429028311_thumb.j

post-50202-0-45018000-1429028287_thumb.j

Ahem... just picked my KSC-SW11 up from Gumtree. £70, with RCA leads included in the sale. Win, win!

post-62796-142904214444_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I love the wiring of the remote through the handbrake! That's !Removed! awesome! I don't have an armrest in mine, but the remote is the least of my worries :) And I can't believe someone has just gone and got one for bladdy £70... Find me another? :)

Time for me to start ordering the fuse piggybacks and some velcro tape, I think, in readiness!

Where is the subwoofer grounded to?

I've just had to order some spare piggybacks. Only have 1 available, but definitely need 2.

And spare fuses to go in them if they don't come with them. A 10A for the subwoofer and just a very small fuse for the remote, right?

Oh I've got plenty of mini fuses, I have an assorted box in the boot ;)

Whereas I will need to make a new collection of spare mini fuses. Right, let's get an eBay list going...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club