Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Speaker Upgrade

Paramanic

You not got a soldering iron? You can buy the clips separately and have any speaker you like, cost pence and take seconds to fit to the wire in reality.

Yeah ado lol just never replaced Speakers in a car before! What the clips called? And a guess a just use they adapters them add Amy 16.5cm speaker? Cheers

I kept the original plugs and used the scotch locks to splice into the wires so it can be reverted to standard if necessary

Contacted audio central they said these Speakers are good

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-in-phase-xtc17-2_p-32104.htm

So need adapter from Place Alex said and wither solder or use they crimps to put it on

Unless can find plugs on net

A wee bump :p

• Like 1

I know older fords use that plug but on this fiesta I'm not to sure.

Depending on the plug you could use spade crimps to push into the plug similar to how the speaker connections plug in.

The Speakers you linked to are coax ( built in tweeter). Your titanium has a seperate tweeter by the door handle, they should sound better when seperate.

• Like 1

I know older fords use that plug but on this fiesta I'm not to sure.

Depending on the plug you could use spade crimps to push into the plug similar to how the speaker connections plug in.

The speakers you linked to are coax ( built in tweeter). Your titanium has a seperate tweeter by the door handle, they should sound better when seperate.

Right al have to take Door apart for a peak then and glad you replied I was gonna order them! Al have to look about for better ones around same price btw cheers for all the help a do appreciate it Mark and shadow

Have a look for threes by ayreshiredude, he changed the Speakers and put photos up of the adapters.

Can't find him mate a am on mobile tho

on laptop now think a found it :P

• Like 1

on laptop now think a found it :P

Share ;)

Thanks, I like to keep my options open... and think of new ideas. Just good to see what others have achieved! ;)

• Like 1

Right I took door card off yesterday and had a look there is no visual damage to the speaker and no holes so not burst a made a wee vid of it making the noise weird but anyway it's not that hard to get the door card off gonna make a guide as every other one I found was only for mk7 not mk7.5

Did you come to any decision about under seat subwoofers? I'm currently looking at a couple, but I don't want to get someone else to do the fitting when it would already cost a ton!

Did you come to any decision about under seat subwoofers? I'm currently looking at a couple, but I don't want to get someone else to do the fitting when it would already cost a ton!

Well atm going the Speakers at front first (trying to find a decent set man so indecisive Lol looking to spend around 45tops for speakers)

But a have looked into underwear subwoofer a would love one in boot but 2bh not enough space in there already! Lol so been looking apparently the in phase round one is good or the Pioneer ones look best will do this later as saving for splitter and st rear atm so funds are tight lol

Well atm going the speakers at front first (trying to find a decent set man so indecisive Lol looking to spend around 45tops for speakers)

But a have looked into underwear subwoofer a would love one in boot but 2bh not enough space in there already! Lol so been looking apparently the in phase round one is good or the Pioneer ones look best will do this later as saving for splitter and st rear atm so funds are tight lol

Ahh, I see.. I'm looking at the Kenwood one (can't remember the exact model, but it is the first result for "underseat subwoofer" on amazon!), but the wiring is off-putting..

But yeah, I can imagine funds being tight with those purchases waiting!

Most of the underseat subs only need a small current to work(10A) so could be connected to the fusebox behind the glovebox,,the remote wire can also be connected into the fusebox using a piggyback fuse holder. The siganl needs a RCA converter connected to the speaker outputs behind the headunit ( if you could find the rear speaker cables you could connect to them along the door sills.

I'd keen keen to see if anyone does install an under-seat subwoofer. I do like the idea very much, as I don't want to lose half of my boot space. Checked out the Kenwood as mentioned, and does look good.

Most of the underseat subs only need a small current to work(10A) so could be connected to the fusebox behind the glovebox,,the remote wire can also be connected into the fusebox using a piggyback fuse holder. The siganl needs a RCA converter connected to the speaker outputs behind the headunit ( if you could find the rear speaker cables you could connect to them along the door sills.

So both the power and the remote wire could be wired into the glovebox fusebox, rather than having to worry about taking a wire through to the battery? And where is best to connect the ground?

Or I understand it is possible to also splice into the existing speaker cable anyway, essentially splitting it to both speaker and subwoofer .

Well, the power I have asked MarksST about, but I believe it normally goes to the battery, a ground and another to the headunit somewhere. And Speakers are connected either directly by RCA (if your headunit has the output on the back for them) or you splice into existing Speakers and get the sound input from that. I haven't measured as an exact science, but there looks to be plenty of space in my 3dr Fiesta to fit one of them under a front seat. Just more investigation required before dropping cash!

see im the same am really interested in it and looks great a have got idea of the wiring but no experience lol and dont wanna mess it up lol a dno even how to get the head unit off and where to ground but as a said a aint got no experience

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club