Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Speaker Upgrade

Paramanic

You could but I'd run it on 2 seperate circuits, the remote "ON" I doubt is more than 1A so you may as well use a piggyback for that instead of adding an inline fuse.

So two piggyback connectors to the fuse box?

right found something daft lol if you go to car audio centre they sell the speaker for £139.99
go to amazon and the same comany is selling it for £102.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BO8O9XQ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AAG9N02EI863B

So Checklist I will need
obv need the sub
Also need these for splicing? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100x-Blue-Scotch-Lock-Wire-Connectors-Quick-Splice-Terminals-Crimp-Electrical-/251001987313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a70e260f1

Piggyback thingys http://www.ebay.com/itm/321705227966

car trim tools (already have them ...also need velcro and anything else?

I think that's it. I'm interested to see about those crimp things and whether they're any good or not. I usually resort to stripping back the wires and crimping with insulated butts, but those could make life a lot easier!

See am interested in them too but talking to Nathan on here about it he says there not great and said there mostly temporary :/

Also how to run wires up?

Maybe not that brilliant after all then! Assuming all the power cabling would be behind the glovebox and Speakers are spliced into somewhere behind the head unit, you have two choices really (assuming the subwoofer will be going underneath the passenger seat!). You can route some cables underneath the weather proofing on the passenger door (just keep it under the rubber); you might also be able to route it underneath the plastic trim too. Additionally, you can also route cables behind the plastic trim from the centre console, past the gearstick and towards the seat that way. You might have to do both, considering the number of wires that the subwoofer requires!

Are you going for it then? :P

Yeah a think so mate haha only thing worrying is the lack of experience lol gonna try n order today

thats it all ordered now :D

thats it all ordered now :D

Lots of photo's mind during the set-up/installation. I want to see what the outcome is like ;)

• Like 1

Lots of photo's mind during the set-up/installation. I want to see what the outcome is like ;)

Haha a will Lee lol but let's hope the outcome isn't this lol

post-50202-142843620742_thumb.jpg

Let's hope not!! :blink:

If it does a will sell it on eBay as "slightly Used" lol

If it does a will sell it on eBay as "slightly Used" lol

... and abused!!! :blink:

• Like 1

It won't come out looking like that; yours is a five door model, right? ;)

Seriously though, I hope it goes alright, and get posting if we can help with any suggestions :)

• Like 1

No worries man just waiting on all the parts to come now

Quite looking forward to it actually need time off work hopefully comes before weekend but if not am off a couple days next week :p

Right got the sub today but waiting on the wiring to come av came across something here what type of connectors are these as the sub came with these on them so if I got male and female of the same ones a could just cut and then plug them in to make it a lot easier and can remove when I sell car again withouth soldering

post-50202-142857241888_thumb.jpg

post-50202-142857243301_thumb.jpgpost-50202-142857245266_thumb.jpgpost-50202-142857246763_thumb.jpgpost-50202-142857247468_thumb.jpg

They look like male and female "bullet connectors"

• Like 1

Nice one a see halford have them al get them :) then all I gotta do is add them to wire so in future a don't have to solder things just add these

Cut and crimping then... but make sure you crimp nice and tightly

• Like 1

Am gonna solder the connectors on buddy

Am gonna solder the connectors on buddy

Makes sense ;)

Right another daft question am gonna use piggy back to the fuse what one to connect it to?

Also shown in picture here I'm pointing at the fuse box and the yellow for noise cancel do I add that too the fuse box too if a noise appears?

Like both to fuse box

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club