Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Additives

Damon Cook

Hi guys has anyone used engine e.g redex wynns etc would like anyone whos had any luck with any of them to list their product and findings tired of all these bottled crap givin false promises my experience is

Redex - sweet FA

Wynns gold- made car worse

Wyns oil supercharge- makes engine feel but smoother a quieter

Any other advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated

Also id like to share my current experience on a new product called Techron been having performance issues with my car told it might be a blockage in the fuel system maybe the pump so i called ATS to ask if they could have a look and was recommended to use this fuel system cleaner as ive used 3 different ones and seen little effect i was skeptical but tried it anyway the difference was ridiculous the revs now seem to build up faster acceleration has improved the car as a whole seems lighter and more responsive id recommend the product to anyone

BG244.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-BG-244-Diesel-Fuel-System-and-Engine-Cleaner-Thousands-Sold-by-Us-/371049940184?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56644cc4d8

I use it before each service/MOT and have no problems.

If you want to really clean your system through you should look into a Terraclean service.

I also use & recommend BG244.

• Like 1

Yep,BG244 works every time for me too.

BG244 goes into the fuel I assume?

Got a service tomorrow morning and whilst I've used plenty of redex before wuold be interested to see if this one improves it further.

Yes, it does, instructions are on the tin !

• Like 1

I have used redex for a few years and honestly dont think it does much but at least I give it a go lol! I just though I would mention a product called "Cataclean" it seems to get talked about a lot and has positive reviews with those who have used it. I myself tried it on my petrol focus and although its too early to say if Its made a major difference I do feel the car pulls a lot better/smoother but I may continue to use it a few times in the year or at next service jsut to give it a try. Its mainly based for catalytic converters but I think it cleans other parts of the fuel system and can be used both petrol and diesel cars.

Heres a few links:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CATACLEAN-CATALYTIC-CONVERTER-CLEANER-/181124910900?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a2be2cf34

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cataclean-Catalytic-Converter-Cleaning-Treatment/dp/B002BVXM92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427713527&sr=8-1&keywords=cataclean

Redex worked well in my 05 Mondeo ST TDCi

Think diesels benefit from decent additives moreso than petrol engines.

• Like 1

Think diesels benefit from decent additives moreso than petrol engines.

I think your right. I think petrol engines run a fraction cleaner anyhow and that's maybe why in diesels you can notice improvement when using decent additives.

I just use what ford use forte duel system cleaner does the job reasonably well

Forte treatment is good for diesels too - I have used it in the past.

BG244.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-BG-244-Diesel-Fuel-System-and-Engine-Cleaner-Thousands-Sold-by-Us-/371049940184?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56644cc4d8

I use it before each service/MOT and have no problems.

If you want to really clean your system through you should look into a Terraclean service.

TerraClean - Hope it works better than it's suggests

ive used

AR6400, Improved MPG but made it noisy, wasn't that impressed I have to say, ive read a lot of good things so its probably cleaned it well but isn't for regular use esp if it makes things that noisy

Wynns Gold, aka Rocket fuel, my car loves the stuff, its quiet, smooth, just far too expensive and has questionable cleaning ability

Redex, Meh, used it quite a lot but I don't bother any more, doesn't really do anything other than take notes from your pocket

2 Stroke oil, Eliminated noise considerably, no noticeable loss of power, smooth acceleration no idea if it helps clean it, but it makes driving that much more pleasant.

Has anyone used wurth diesel cleanee??

BG244 or any Archoil product, They work

Redex is snake oil really

hear lots of folks saying 2 stroke oil does wonders for diesel smoothness, must try it some time

BG244 or any Archoil product, They work

Redex is snake oil really

hear lots of folks saying 2 stroke oil does wonders for diesel smoothness, must try it some time

I'm new to the 2 stroke idea and I have to say I'm well impressed, 250ml per tank.

Anypne know a good oil additive used wyns oil supercharge wondered if there's anything better?? Got an oil change Saturday so wanted to put sumthin in just after

Yep, Add "Sweet F All". If you buy a good oil then it has everything in it, it needs. You're actually degrading it with additives

• Like 1

yeah, don't skimp on oil to start with, much like buying crap fuel then spending 6 quid a go adding additives, just get good stuff in the first place. and if you really must, a litre of 2 stroke is like 5 quid an gives you 4 uses, vpower and 2 stroke, engine never sounded better :)

all my efforts todate have reduced my old oil after 6k from being lumpy sludge to smooth lump free black oil, ill run this fuel oil setup for another 6k and see if the 2 stroke is contributing to carbon deposit build up, if not then its staying as it really has improved the noise. but as for the oil, I use is mobile 3000 x1 formula FE or magnatec A1. theres probably cheap stuff made by the same people for half the price and its probably identical, but probably isn't good enough. an with the 1.6 being as it is, I'm trying not to take any chances!

Have used redex and wynnes in a diesel I had and could feel the difference while it was in the system. Have also used redex and cataclean on my fiesta Zetec 1.4 petrol I just sold and would say the cataclean made a difference. The garage I used to get to do my yearly service used to add texaco havoline fuel cleaner then do an mot on it.

I know everyone thinks redex is "snake oil" but I thought for like £5 it's worth a shot. This is the one I purchased:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005LMTLVQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B005LMTLVQ&linkCode=as2&tag=vouchers4us-21&linkId=B7V44ARCWZQSBJG3

Funny story I had a full tank of petrol 2 clicks with the pump so to the brim went home and put the recommended amount in and because it was so full most of it leaked to the floor. I had to go burn petrol and come back and then put it in and some more just to really help.
I know its not much but so far I've had a 2mpg increase snakeoil who knows but i'm driving the same anyway and I only had 30 mpg before :(

Your better off adding the additive before the fuel, helps mix it in, putting it in afterwards will mean it has to mix on its own, even then it wont be ideal.

Additive, then fuel. Gives you the best possible even ratio.

Your better off adding the additive before the fuel, helps mix it in, putting it in afterwards will mean it has to mix on its own, even then it wont be ideal.

Additive, then fuel. Gives you the best possible even ratio.

See I would of thought that too but the instructions say put it in after a full tank. I guess its incase the engine tries to drink to much of it before getting actual petrol it could do damage? Im guessing the engine won't run on this! :D