Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Vote On A Car

MattDRX

What car  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What car

• Audi RS3
    • Focus RS 500
    • Impreza STI 330
    • BMW 335i Cab E90

Seriously !Removed! stuck on this,

Can decide, lets see what the public think, some I just love but they are beasts on fuel and just plain dangerous lol

I appreciate the forum may be bias towards one but some logical input into why would be good, on paper and in reality it isn't the best although it does look boss, looking at a lime green one.

RS3 seems the most sensible choice, but I would never personally buy one as Audis all seem to be driven by complete planks who tailgate everyone.

RS500 would be very nice, clearly the biased option on this forum, but might not be so practical.

If you weren't happy with filling up before, then the imprezza is a no no.

That particular BMW looks quite big, but they are nice. Rear wheel drive could be useless in the winter though if that is a consideration?

Sorry if that doesn't really say which one you should go for, lol. I guess it depends what you want out of your next car.

I can't see the choices?

• Like 1

I can't see the choices?

Maybe because you are on your phone? Try a PC.

Maybe because you are on your phone? Try a PC.

Ah man that sucks

I can't see the choices?

What he said ^

And I'm not on my phone I'm on my tablet :p

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

rs3 for me will hold it value better second hand as we all know

Ok now I can see them ( I'm on safari),

The Audi rs3. Bit grown up imo, why not a Mondeo ;)

The focus rs500. that's more like it

(any) impreza. cross between a midlife crisis car and a boy racer all imho of course, go for it if that's how you want to be perceived :rolleyes:

Beemer 335i cab. Best of the lot imo

• Like 1

I voted Focus but then I'm a bit biased.

It has to be the RS3. 4 wheel drive will give you that power & stability in any corner at any time of year in any conditions. Motoring programmes might be obsessed with RWD & that's fine on a dry road, but in the real world (and Britain specifically) the Audi will give you a car for the whole year.

The RS500 WOULD be a great 2nd choice IMO, but just loses out due to the plantedness to the road that the RS3 will give you due to the Torsen 4wd system against a FWD car.

The Subaru? It's a personal thing, but if it were me, I'd feel a little embarrassed getting out of a Subaru at my age (boy racer's car, like laumk7 said).

But what do I know, I'm just a plank who apparently tailgates people lol.

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but I don't seem to be able to see most Audi's number plates when they follow me through town.

There is a reason the GTA V take on an Audi saloon is called the tailgater, lol. :D

• Like 1

Well my Wife is the Mondeo driver & I'm always telling her to back off people's tails, she seems to want to read the small print on the number plate (I daren't make a woman driver joke, though it's tempting). Being an Audi driver myself, I tend to look at the driving style of Beemer & Merc drivers along with other Audi drivers. Admittedly I did see an A6 steaming up to a Range Rover today, but I have to say most Audi's are driven courteously.

So I strongly disagree with you Alex about Audi drivers. Unfortunately I can't argue about being a plank, that's me all over lol.

May be edging towards an RS3 tbh.

Imo don't notice mondeo owners tailgating, I do notice them at night mainly as they NEVER put their lights on, always driving with the headlamps off at night.

To say RS3's are 4wd they handle like a pig. They have terrible understeer then when the computer kicks in they snap back in too line just as you have started to compensate for it. They are absolutely crap in snow.

RS500 is a nice car never had the pleasure of driving one so I can't comment on that.

Subaru Impreza's handle great and go like stink but the tiny fuel tank and very bad fuel economy let them down big time. The have shocking interiors imo.

335i is good but interiors are pants and a little rain or snow and the back end is wild. There very expensive too maintain.

Just my opinion on them but if I was to pick any I'm a bit biased towards the RS500.

Is there an Evo that's equivalent to some of those cars? I haven't looked at these kind of cars at all lately so I don't know, but just saw a bit of old Top Gear that showed how awesome the Evo was 10 years ago.

Evos aren't practical at all, they do about 15MPG and needs thorough servicing every like 6K, beasts but just not worth it over some others.

RS3 can do about 25 with is livable but regular 12k service intervals. tyre size is quite common too so not over priced.

• Like 1

Evos aren't practical at all, they do about 15MPG and needs thorough servicing every like 6K, beasts but just not worth it over some others.

RS3 can do about 25 with is livable but regular 12k service intervals. tyre size is quite common too so not over priced.

So that hasn't changed in the last 10 years either lol. Those are basically the same complaints they had about it on Top Gear.

May be edging towards an RS3 tbh.

Imo don't notice mondeo owners tailgating, I do notice them at night mainly as they NEVER put their lights on, always driving with the headlamps off at night.

thats cause Mondeos come with Night vision Goggles.

imo I would go for the Imprezza STI 330 I have always like Suburu's i think the Imprezza sti 330 is the nicest looking of them all followed closely by the RS3. The Interior looks nice ( i dont need alot of gadgets) I wouldn't be embarrassed getting out of one at all so what if people think "Oh look theres a boy racer" before i got my focus i was actually looking at Imprezza's but because one of there flaws is the fuel tank being small I thought i'd be smart and buy a Focus which I am happy with.

Ok so i Lied a little bit when i finished looking at Imprezzas and legacies i looked at Audi and had almost made a deal with the guy i bought my focus off (this was when i had the money and there was no baby on the way well i didnt know of a baby on the way at the time) I am glad i bought my ford focus she is alot cheaper to run than an audi would have been. anyway back to why i would have chosen an RS3 over the Focus Rs 500 simply because as an earlier comment mentioned its 4WD and looks nicer (please dont ban me).

BMW i would stay well clear off doesnt look nice at all

well I've made a uturn on this altogether.

I'm going tomorrow to look at

An S2000, always wanted one, budget allows it, it's boss, fast and reliable and probably a bit less to run than these.

and then....... Focus ST Wagon, they lose so much money it's unreal, practical for the family yet not boring and cheap, both cars combined come to less than buying pretty much any of the others lol

Wet over the S2K though, wanted one for years, all this sun this week just got me thinking about it all.

Still staying with Fraud for the time being by the looks of it.

Sounds like a good choice, especially the S2000. I loved them since the the old Fast&Furious films and Need for Speed games lol, and someone at work has a black one. It's the only car I see regularly that makes me jealous :)

S2K is lush, prick won't budge on price though, leaving him to sweat until tomorrow. not paying full 6K asking price. mint though, 55 plate so lower tax bracket but had the revised dash board.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club