Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fair Insurance Again Urgent Needs Answering By Organisers Asap

laumk7

Following a reply to my other thread, I've been onto my insurers and they've asked if there's any public liability insurance in place for the show, and how that's covered if anything were to happen as if it's not I'm going to have to arrange some cover of my own for my car to attend this show.

The other thread mentioned as the show is on private land the normal parameters for own insurance aren't covered, this is extremely important information to know

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Ok I've emailed ford fair directly and they're saying it is down to the club to have their own public liability insurance, so if someone could get back to my questions above asap I'd be grateful :)

The clubs public liability is £5m which will cover you on the pitch.

• Like 1

What about getting to the clubs pitch? Am I covered for that? I mean after I've entered the silver stone circuit and left the road and realms of which my usual car insurance will cover me for?

No.. PLI will not cover that, but i do beleive car insurance will still cover you if you are hit by another insured vehicle.

But if you were on our pitch and a gazeebo on our pitch cartwheels in to your car then PLI will cover that and will cover you personally for accidents.

if someone backs in to you on the pitch then you claim this from your own car insurance.

• Like 1

Just another quick Q before I lay this to rest - who's liable should I come back and find my car scratched whilst it's on the club stand?

As an aside I called my insurers and they told me attendance of this event IS something they need to know, all permissions have been granted and my premium uneffected

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

That's a hard one as unless you can prove the scratch occurred on site under FOC liability it would be difficult to claim

It's very unlikely that anything like this will happen we are all car lovers who have polished them to death the day before and the last thing we want is to bump ours or anyone else's pride and joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

you can only claim from the PLI if the damaged is caused by equipment of the club, or you get injured by a flag pole or gazeebo.

PLI does not cover you for

• Someone scratching your car unless it was scratched by club equipment. Basically if someone walked past your car and scratched it then you need to take it out with the person who scratched the car.
  • Theft from the vehicle (though your own negligence)
  • Acts of god (hurricane, massive hail storms etc.)
  • Someone dents your car with their car (your motor insurance covers this)
  • Driving to the pitch

What it will cover is

• Club equipment damaging your vehicle
  • Any injuries caused by the club directly.
  • Death caused by the club directly
  • Theft of vehicle (only if we ask you to show your car officially on a show stand)
Policies are usually tailored to the individual business however as a guide, the insurance covers a business’s legal liability to pay damages to members of the public for death and injury or damage to property or possessions, which has resulted from the business’s activities.
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club