Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rough When Idle

dai16382

Hi my focus 2006 1.6 petrol sounds like a diesel when idle also the eml is on.I think it's the vvt is it right that the parts cost 260 for two sprockets and about 200 for Labour.the car has sounded like this for a while would it have caused damage? Thanks

first thing would be to check why the EML is on and what codes it is giving, then you will know where to go from there

Checked codes as it was stuttering last week and had to replace the coil and plugs.a code at the local garage was p000a I can't remember what they said that was car runs fine but sounds awful when idle sounds fine when accelerating

Cheers mate I've been mailing one of the boys from that thread I think that is the problem the vvt kwik fit done a timing belt kit change 2013 I bet the didn't know about the vvt and haven't set it right just hope there's no damage or needing a new timing belt kit

It was 2 years ago plus a different owner so I doubt I could complain to them now?