Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Car Was Broken Into But No Damage

biggy119

Hello all my 09 plate focus was broken into but there is no sign at all of them forcing the door open or locks . How can this be . I heard 5 hat a lad around d the corner from me had his broken into bit he sed they had a master key . How can that be .

It won't be the key they have more than likely read your code when you have locked or opened your car with some kind of scanner .

Really how is that possable

Basically they stand on the corner of your road with a scanning device that reads the unique signal the fob sends out to lock/unlock the car store it then come back later and they can unlock your car by sending out that signal

I thought the code changed every time you lock and unlock the car?

Wtf so they can come back any time

It's a keys locked in kit. All our Transits in London have had to have Yale key locks installed, breakdown companies and locksmiths use the kits but they have become freely available.

When we found out we just emptied the vans at night, but most mornings all the doors were open or unlocked!

Wow stuff that hmmm now to think of a way around this

Interesting. The focus (as have ALL fords since after 1990) have rolling key codes, so a plipper scanner wont work

If the focus was fully locked then its deadlocked and has a volumetric alarm running, so the usual wedge door ajar and reach in with wire car kits wont work (pulling a door handle inside doesn't open the door when its deadlocked) and should have set the alarm off when the air gap was made

So they must have used the key to open the car, that's the only way that lets them in and disables the alarm. But they dont have your transponder chip or they would have started the engine and driven off

Now either they have a key and they have tried many focus' till they found one that opens, or they have given your reg to a dodgy dealer who has cut them a key

I would squirt a little bathroom silicon into the top of your key slot. You can easily pull it out if you need to use your key, but it may make them think you have blocked the key off and it will let you know they did indeed use that method if you find it open again

Also make sure that your keys are either out of range or that there is no chance of you accidentally hitting the unlock button when you threw them down or something got put on top of them

Another option is an interior recording camera, wired to the dome light power, so it records when a door is opened. Or if you have dark tints on the rears, let the rottweiler sleep in the boot with no parcel shelf fitted 8-)

Madmole . I find what your saying very interesting . I couldn't tell you how they got in but I do now they was in there my mum seen the interior light on and dumb as she is never thought to come wake me up but when she left for work at 5.30 the door was left open a bit .

There is a guy like I said up 5 he road who reckons someone has a master key but as you said this couldn't happen .

I'm sure I locked the door although I did have a lot in my hand . .

This camara you speak of sounds interesting . ???

Also the car is fully tinted so maybe me and the dog could sleep in the back

Do you use real keys on it or just a plipper?

Don't know if there is such a thing as a Ford master key, but a good key guy can tell in a single glance what your actual key is and replicate it, or they just get a set of "jigglers" and go at it.If its a Ford Tibbe key then all bets are off, they can be opened in seconds anyway with a £20 electric jiggler

Any in car camera will do, just point it at the drivers door and take its power from the dome light, so it powers up when the door opens

Check around the door frame for marks or scratches as well

CCTV on your house that covers your car is the best deterrent. I have 5 cameras covering our small drive and the street parking. Mine actually are fully functional, but as long as the LED's light up how do they know if they are or not

Dont forget to leave a shovel in the back ("in case you get caught in the snow, Officer") if the dog is sleeping there 9-)

Also does yours still deadlock? have you tested the locks internally and the alarm lately. Lock yourself in and see if you can get out, the alarm goes off etc

There are no master keys for Fords.

Tbh even if the door was unlocked manually with a locksmiths tool the alarm would sound.

The Ford standard alarm is set so that if you don't use the remote to open the doors a beeper will sound for 5-10 seconds to warn you and give you time to put a key with the correct transponder into the ignition.

The alarm will sound if this is not done in time.

Tbh I'd suggest you may have not locked the car by accident and some opportunist scrot has gone down the road trying doors for just this situation.

On many cars, the doors automatically lock after a set period of time (say 10 mins) if you go away from the car.

Is that not the case with the Mk2.5 Focus?

That only works if you unlock it then don't open a door. It relocks after about 1min.

• Like 1

I really hope you just forgot to lock it...I'll be worrying about my own otherwise!!

There was a common issue with Mk4 Golfs getting broken into with no damage when I owned one, but I cant see the same thing being possible with the Focus and can't think of any other way to do it.

• Like 1

My dead lock still works I can't open the door . The alarm goes off when I push the button once to lock . I was thinking of cameras ...

Also your right my car does lock afder 10 mins but where I park my car and leave my keys are very close so possibly it thought I was still around the car ?

Tom trust me last night I woke up 3 times looking out the window plus having an expensive stereo also I was nervous

Sounds like you forgot to lock the car to be honest no offence but if the had a code scanner they really wouldn't go for a focus master keys are also a no no just doesn't work like that anymore I got into the habit of deadlocking the car then double check the doors locked

• Like 1

If you unlock it accidentally and don't open a door it relocks whether the key is near or not... I keep doing it myself, unlock the car and then open the bonnet (without opening the door), about a minute later the doors re-lock and the alarm goes off deafening me lol, stupidly I never remember for the next time either haha!

I am assuming you don't have keyless entry though!

And as above, the master keys do work with old style Ford keys but not the newer ones. There is no way that someone could get in, especially without setting the alarm off, if the car was locked to start with.

• Like 2