Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St Mp215

Barryh1988

Just a question on what you guys have paid for your MP215 pack.

Wanted to have it done this week but HQ where fully booked so got a quote from my local ford that want £747 fitted?

How can they justify £98.50 p/h labour?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I think I paid about £670 for mine including fitting, so they're ripping you off. I'd ask them how long it takes and what they normally charge for labour, see if they're just making up that price. At that price it's more like £150 for ah hour of labour, because Mountune say it should take an hour.

Mountune say it takes an hour @£60 but, if your dealer hasn't fitted one before they may say it will take longer( dealers can charge what they like for labour/hour)

I had mine fitted free because of the offer at ford fair, apparently rates ford in essex are doing the kit for £599/£600 fitted.

• Like 1

Yeah rang HQ in Essex and I think they quoted £630

(or £650 cant remember exactly) fitted but because of the carsandcoffee day their fully booked.

So when I went ford ipswich yesterday they quoted £599 for the pack and 1.5 - 2 hours to fit @ £98.50 per hour labour totalling £747.

My argument was I can drive down the road and save over £100 and your not willing to work out a better price which they wouldn't.

I'd like to know how they can justify nearly £100 per hour. I bet less than 10% of that goes to the mechanic doing all the work, I know they can charge what they want but that's taking the :censored:

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I guess I'll just wait till next month when I have a chance to take it to Monutune HQ in sure they have bags more experience fitting them than the ford guys here!

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I guess I'll just wait till next month when I have a chance to take it to Monutune HQ in sure they have bags more experience fitting them than the ford guys here!

That might be a good idea, but it's a very simple job from what I've seen. Just take out the left headlight, fit new airbox with additional intake hose, put headlight back in, connect computer thingy and apply the map. I don't think any mechanic should have a problem with that. Although when I had mine done they said they've had problems with the map in the past but they got some new kit which made it a lot easier for them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club