Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

I Need Help! I Dont Want To Sell My Lovely Little Fiesta.

Mr1Mx

Hi guys, i've had my fiesta for a good few months an have been driving on L plates. I passed my test yesterday after 6 lessons but now I might have to sell her. My insurance is actually ridoculous. Its. 1.4 zetec 2004 and I meed some advice as to potential workarounds.

Thanks, Josh

If you have any parents with clean licences try adding them on as named drivers I got ₤50 off for adding my mum.

I'm being quoted in the £3500 range £50 aint gunna cut it, I appretiate the effort though thank you.

I was quoted £2000 less on a 1.6 Focus...

I'm 15 (nearly 16) so even younger! The quote was a new driver that had only just passed. Maybe it's my area? Funnily enough s MK1 Focus 1.6 was the same price to insure as a MK3 1.0T Ecoboost!

Have you looked at insurance with a telematics box? For my first year it knocked about £1000 of my insurance.

Don't 'front' your insurance though. Check quotes through moneysupermarket, I have found them cheaper than the meerkats, Brian and those go compare muppets.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• Like 1

The £2400 was with a telematics box but this is about a grand outside our affordable range. :(

Thanks I don't think I remembered to try moneysupermarket so al try that thanks mate

I'm shocked that your insurance is so expensive! Where is the car during the day and night? Don't wish to be rude but do you live in a "rough" area?

Its kept on a secure drive amd I wouldn't say rough but its hardly a gated community haha.

Also, try fully comp, tpft, and try raising excess. I have found in my younger years going fully comp was actually cheaper than tpft

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

I have also found this i have unfortunately tried all of the more "common" ways to lessen my quotes but with no luck

I have no idea, it is something O was concidering but the pass plus costs £110 so it would have to be a bigger saving to justify the cost

When I did mine many years back they treated pass plus as one years no claims, so it could be a considerable amount!

The other alternate option is to buy a banger that will give you the cheap insurance for a year till the price comes down for you.

Keep the 1.4 and insure it on a limited miles per year basis

When I passed my test many moons ago when pass plus first came out I thought it was a scam until I started looking for insurance. I paid the £110 to do it and saved myself £1100 on my first years insurance so yeah it is worth it. Not sure what the savings will be these days though.

• 2 weeks later...

When I passed my test many moons ago when pass plus first came out I thought it was a scam until I started looking for insurance. I paid the £110 to do it and saved myself £1100 on my first years insurance so yeah it is worth it. Not sure what the savings will be these days though.

Wish I could say the same....

Straight after passing my test (Jan 2013) I did pass plus and achieved an Exceeded Grade.

My insurer at the time (Admiral) stated they did not recognise the pass plus qualification.....

I had a look around with other insurers (this was on an 11 year old 1.2 clio at the time - worth about £1,000) best quote was £2,400.

Admiral, despite not recognising my pass plus still worked out far cheaper at £1,100 comprehensive first year (multi car policy - However I do build up my own NCD/NCB).

Second year on the same car was £595.

Third year would have been £555 but ended up getting the Fiesta 1.4 then, now moved to LV and get Comprehensive with some added perks for £695.00 with 3 years No Claims...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club