Do Not Sell My Personal Information

!Removed! Flexi Pipe

BugCo22

Had a rite mission this morning trying to change the flexi pipe on my car and it still not complete as I ran out of time. I also changed the oil first, that was done really quick as I had bought the tools for the job. The flexi however was a rite pain as all the nuts and bolts are/were seized. I started the cat end but got nowhere fast so moved to mid section. Ended up having to drop the whole exhaust down so I cud get sum leverage on the on the spanners. That bit come off easy enough at that point. Decided to attack the other end one last time, this time with a socket and hammer and manged to undo one of the nuts. I wasn't hitting it hard so shouldn't of damaged anything above :-/ then the misses !Removed! down an my time was up. Had to reassemble exhaust even though it's not attached to anything an call it a morning. Still there is jus one more nut to crack and then I can put in new flexi an that will be another tick in the box :-)

post-64256-142807775821_thumb.jpg

post-64256-142807777548_thumb.jpg

post-64256-142807779413_thumb.jpg

Spray it up with loads of wd40 and let it soak overnight! Bit of heat generally helps as well!

I'll be finishing up 2moro so ill give it a gud spray this evening. When you say heat, as in driving toll hot or a torch ??

A blow torch! Heat up the nut which causes it to expand, will then come off much easier. Be very careful to make sure you have the correct size socket as obviously when the nut has been heated, it is softer and there is higher chance of rounding it!

Cheers for that, I'll see wot I can do lol.

Finally all sorted :-) I was quite surprised by the lack of gaskets though. Is that a sign of poor maintenence ?? Now I jus need a slightly louder exhaust lol. Also found my oil leak, it is the cam cover gasket. I'll do a bit of reading and get some bits and attack that when weather is good agen.

post-64256-14283185639_thumb.jpg

post-64256-142831857912_thumb.jpg

There should be a gasket where the flexi meets the middle section, it's like an O-ring but made of metal. And where the flexi meets the bottom of the cat there should also be an oval shaped gasket.

Yeah there wasn't either in there. However, both are in place now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club