Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 1.5 Rear Springs

soulman123

How doable are the rear springs on the 1.8 04 petrol ?

Mines are very worns and corroded and begging to snap. Just wondering if there is a how to or if they are doable. I have a set of spring clamps.

Thanks and happy easter all

What type of spring clamps do you have for the job?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hi,just had a look and you have external ones ,you need internal spring compressors to do the job.

Drats, is there another way to safely remove them with out one ?

I replaced mine last year without,but and it's a big but ,I wouldn't recommend it.Where are you in Dorset?

Ahh I see .. I'm near ferndown.

Can be done by dropping the rear subframe but its a pain in the rear a big one

In the summer when it's warmer I'm taking my springs out again because I have some work to do replacing bushes.I have now purchased an internal clamp and I was thinking you could use mine.

That's kind of you *thumbs up* .. I'm contemplating adding it to my summer to do list lol .. I'm guessing your local ? .. I saw a few interesting methods on YouTube if you search focus rear springs some amusing methods hehe but they worked. I did read someone used a ratchet strap somehow.

Yes,I saw those bombs ready to detonate as well,mad.No,I'm Bridgwater ,I'll do my job early June,see how I get on and give you some feedback.

• 1 month later...

Just an update soulman 123,fitted polybushes over the weekend so I had to remove and replace the rear springs.Had a few problems and a lot of swearing but got there in the end.Reading through your posts,I think you paid to get yours replaced.The cheap spring compressor I used did the job but I wouldn't use again and probably would try to hire a decent compressor.

Thanks for the update William, I know that feeling of pain in the bum jobs. I hate anything to do with springs lol always a grief without the right tools. Over the years I used my spring clamps but so awkward with space. Hope it all works nicely. Thumbs up on work well done chap

Tie Bar polybushes fitted.

post-10449-143145016572_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club