Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Taxing A New Car???

ben1191

Bought a car today, I have the v5c/2, it's ref number is 11 digits and the websites asking for 12 so I have no idea how to tax it right now?

whats the reference number I'll check it too if you like

I think you can still take it to a post office even though they don't give you a tax disc anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

To do it online you need to have been sent the V11 reminder which will have a unique 16 digit number you can use on the DVLA website.

Until you get your new full V5C the car hasn't officially been transferred to you so you will need to go to the post office.
At the post office you need a current MOT certificate if the vehicle is over 3 years old and the V5C new keepers slip (section 10) which the seller should have given you prior to sending the V5C to DVLA for exchange of registered keeper details.

To apply online you'll need either:

the 16 digit reference number on your vehicle tax renewal letter (V11)
the 11 digit reference number on your log book (V5C)
the 12 digit reference number on your New Keeper Supplement (V5C/2) if you've just bought the vehicle

Took it to the post office as Stoney said,the new keeper slip is 11 digits and the site asks for 12 so idk, new car though and loving it!

post-42513-14281810087_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Glad you got sorted ben, I'm actually quite liking the new car tax, it's cost me less over 12 months than it cost me over 2 x six months which is what I usually do!