Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Newbie With A Question

Leajayse

Hi,

I've just signed onto this site as I'm now a proud owner of a bright red Ford Focus Zetec. I don't have a central locking fob. I rang the garage and he said this car didn't have one. Couldn't decide if he meant the fob or the central locking! Can anyone let me know whether it should have central locking plus fob please.

Thanks

Leajayse

2001, I'd find it strange that any Focus younger than 8 years doesn't have CL

zetec should have central locking with a fob and master key

the cl didn't have it

What a lovely choice of car you have! Please post some pictures!!

It should definately have central locking.

• Like 1

Many thanks for your replies and picture is posted! Now I know it should have central locking and a fob I need to have the former checked. If it's not working is that expensive? Also where would I purchase a fob for this particular car?

Thanks

Leajayse

• Like 1

Your car is stunning! Funnily enough the Mk1 Foucs is my favourite car of all time! Especiallyin red with those wheels. Lovely to see one in such good conditition! :D :D :D

• Like 1

Cheapest way to have it done, get another 3 button fob, swap the chip to the new fob and have the key cut.

If you want a spare fob, buy a transit 3 button one (with blue boot button). You dont have a spare key but always can get into the car and its 1/4 of the price.

Coding the fob you can do yourself, but coding new chips you cant.

Many thanks Ben. Understood most of that but if I buy a new fob where do I get the chip from? I assume that must be in the central locking somewhere in the car?

I'll go hunting.

Leajayse

If you dont have a fob, I preseume you have this key:

fr.jpg

In the end of the key theres a blue or red plastic piece that can be eased out. Theres an oblong chip in there.

disassembledfordkey.jpg

If you then buy:

ford-key-1.jpg

Which is the normal remote locking fob and key, you can put the chip into this fob, have the key blade cut and itll work with your car.(you have to programme the fob to the central locking with the ignition sequence - see google).

Cut_Key_Remote_is_for_Ford_Mendeo_Car_Re

After that, if you want another fob, its one of these for the cheapest option:

Ford%20Transit%20Connect%20Remote%20Key%

Thank you. Now I understand. I've owned a range of cars but have never come across this before. All experience!

Leajayse

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club