Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5/20 Oil Expensive

Magicmushroom2005

Why are you needing oil already is slightly more important, isn't your car a 2015?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Bye bye 3 years warranty if you do the 1st service yourself ? Is it worth it ?

• Like 2

To save £50? Hell yeah.

Slightly off topic here... But if I wanted to change my oil 6 months from my last service would that effect the warranty? Using Ford parts obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Not if you use genuine Ford parts & you get a VAT registered garage to stamp your service book. This is what I will be doing.

That's fraudulent.

• Like 1

If u have first service does that cover you for 3 years? Or u need to every year stammped for the next year of warrenty

1, No.

2, Yes.

Whats the point in buying a new car if you don't have piece of mind warranty sorry for my ignorance but just seems dam right daft!

• Like 3

that £100+ may seem alot for a (SAFTEY) check and oil and filter, but what if you do have a problem with your car?

who pays for the tech who has to fix your car when it goes wrong, pay for training, pays for special tools to fix your car properly and safely? pays for the free courtesy car, etc etc.

take the cost of oil , filter out , and 20% vat out the bill, ??

• Like 2

Why pay x amount for a new or nearly new Ford that comes with a potentially valuable 3 year warranty & then choose to void it to save £ 50 odd quid ? ?

False economy & bizarre choice i.m.o.

• Like 4

Why pay x amount for a new or nearly new Ford that comes with a potentially valuable 3 year warranty & then choose to void it to save £ 50 odd quid ? ?

Hit the nail on the head their!

• Like 3

Daftest thread Ive read on this forum.... Money comes hard yet you will ruin your warranty ? There is a word but in the interests of forum harmony I will just whisper it to myself......

• Like 4

Not as daft as the comments your making.

You've spent X amount on a brand new car and are then skimping on the servicing because you feel like your being ripped off, risking the warranty that is provided for 3 years/60000 miles along as it is serviced ( by ford or any garage as long as ford parts are used). And also affecting the resale value of the car. Someone buying a used car will look for a service history and if possible the remains manufacturers warranty. If handing back to ford or P/Xing, no service history will also lower the price.

Still, it's your hard earned at the end of the day.

• Like 2

Spot on,lets put it this way.

My car is a 2011 and still go to ford as it came with a 2 year cover in with price.

For the sake of £50 and the knowing it's all sorted and cover is fine.

But we all have our own choice but i know what i would do,even more if a new car or close.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club