Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk8 Remove Console Dash

adam900331

Hello!

I am a new user in fordownersclub.com. I looked for lots of site in the internet, but didn't find instruction. How can i remove safely the console? It is the lower dash around the gear shift and heater. I attached a picture by the lower console.

Thank You.

post-64489-0-13700100-1428232437_thumb.j

need to remove the trim panel above that piece of console your showing then just pull it off, 8 metal clips hold it in place, then unplug the heater electrical controls

I have a nice few pics of the pre-facelift one,taken my silver one off and sprayed it black as so hard

to get,yours is all in one,gear surround and heater surround mine is not.

i started from the top and taken the little plastic part off,aint that hard.

Get some plastic tools off eBay,around £2 and don't mark the plastic.

Here are 2 pics of the clip type.

post-52758-0-66271200-1428248714_thumb.jpost-52758-0-38441200-1428248730_thumb.j

I have a nice few pics of the pre-facelift one,taken my silver one off and sprayed it black as so hard

to get,yours is all in one,gear surround and heater surround mine is not.

i started from the top and taken the little plastic part off,aint that hard.

Get some plastic tools off ebay,around £2 and don't mark the plastic.

Here are 2 pics of the clip type.

attachicon.gifIMG_0300.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0305.JPG

Great! Thank You for your reply. Can I remove the gearbox skirt, then i pull off and remove the console?

Great! Thank You for your reply. Can I remove the gearbox skirt, then i pull off and remove the console?

To be honest i have never had a go at the facelift one's but i should say so.

The gear stick surround clips are a pain,think i had 6 on mine and only 1 left but still fits fine.

The plastic tools are a must,just slot them at the side and should do the trick.

To be honest i have never had a go at the facelift one's but i should say so.

The gear stick surround clips are a pain,think i had 6 on mine and only 1 left but still fits fine.

The plastic tools are a must,just slot them at the side and should do the trick.

Is it suitable for remove the console?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-Car-Auto-Radio-Door-Clip-Panel-Removal-Trim-Dash-Audio-Installer-Pry-Tool-/201176834301?fits=Make%3AFord|Model%3AFiesta&hash=item2ed712e0fd&vxp=mtr&autorefresh=true

I have these pry tools, they are good and do the job nicely. But you'll find them cheaper if you search, I think you can pick a set up for approximately £1.50, maybe less.

Can you send me a link / item number Lee :)

I have them.

Nice color as well as i can't loose them :)

Wish my cover was so easy to find for sale.

That's one of the easiest pieces to remove. Grab each end of the panel that has the airbag light and give it a pull, it's held with one push fit clip in the middle of the top.

Once that's removed grab the gearstick leather at the front (closest to the back seats) and yank upwards. If the chrome trim didn't come with it then you'll see some tabs inside that need to be pulled out and then lifted up to remove the trim. When all that's done get your fingers between the black and grey plastics at the narrowest part of the black bit and pull upwards. Once you get up to the heater controls you'll need to put a finger into the top and pull the corners towards you. Job done.

Don't be scared about the plastic breaking, it's pretty tough! I've had mine off countless times to either clean the black parts or to remove the centre console to retrieve things that have fallen down into it haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club