Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Speedometer Problem? Electrical Fault?

jmrtn

Hello all,

I have had my Fiesta for nearly 2 weeks, which I absolutely love, however have been experiencing some problems with my vehicle in the past couple of days.

The first fault came yesterday, as the car wouldn't start when i turned the ignition (the ambient lighting on the dashboard/interior didn't come on either, and I couldn't lock the car with the key) Within 10 minutes, this problem almost fixed itself, and I thought it may have been an electrical problem.

Secondly, today I was driving and three warning lights came on for around 3 seconds. I didn't get to see which ones they were, but the car felt very tight and lost some power, momentarily. I then checked the speed dials and they were both (speed & rev counter) displaying values far higher than what should have been. (around 60 mph and 5000 revs - when in reality those values would have been around 30mph and 2000 revs). When i turn the ignition off these dials do not return to zero, instead the rev counter sits at around 3000rpm and the speedometer reads 30mph.

I was wondering if this is a common fault? Slightly concerning as the car has only done 5000 miles and was purchased from a Trust Ford garage just a little over two weeks ago. I have trawled the internet to see if someone has had the same problem with little luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Of course I would phone a dealer, but alas it's Easter Sunday!