Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Time Lapse??? What Is It

jace1969

As it says,what is it and what does it do?? i have asked a nice few but no joy.

This is on a dash camera,i have tried it and can't see a change.

...Time lapse...1seconds,3s,5s,10s,30s,1min...video setting

I have it on 1s and seems fine and tried 1m and put it onto p.c and seems the same.

Would you only tell doing playback on the camera itself.

Would like to know as camera is on FHD30 and picture is great, SUPER HD is to much.

Time lapse is where you take an image at intervals rather than continuously. When you play them back at normal speed it appears that time has sped up.

The appearance of speed depends on what happens between images. It's like those films they show on tv about construction of a building. The actual work may take hours or weeks, but with images recorded at intervals the building appears to be built in seconds.

Any help? :-)

So would this only speed up on playback on the camera as on p.c there is no change.

Never use camera for playback and i always set it on 1sec as it's the lowest one.

And yes it's a great help as not a lot could say what it was for as it's on video mode.

1sec is too little time to see a great difference. 5 mins or longer between frames wil give you an idea of what I mean. Unless the camera is facing a blank wall :-)

Probably not a good analogy but, imagine taking a photo of a balloon deflating. A frame every second would look as if the balloon deflated a bit quicker than usual. Take an image every 5 secs and the balloon would be flat very quickly.

1sec is too little time to see a great difference. 5 mins or longer between frames wil give you an idea of what I mean. Unless the camera is facing a blank wall :-)

Probably not a good analogy but, imagine taking a photo of a balloon deflating. A frame every second would look as if the balloon deflated a bit quicker than usual. Take an image every 5 secs and the balloon would be flat very quickly.

Sorry mate i put it wrong.

I did try it on 1 min and no change but that was on p.c.and not done it on camera.

As long as i know now that's a great help.

A 1 sec time lapse would be very noticeable because it would be 24 or 30 times faster than normal when playing it back. But yes something like 5 mins would be much more noticeable (10 seconds of that would be almost a full day).

A 1 sec time lapse would be very noticeable because it would be 24 or 30 times faster than normal when playing it back. But yes something like 5 mins would be much more noticeable (10 seconds of that would be almost a full day).

I just leave mine set on 1 sec and all o.k on playback,it only goes upto 1 min,don't seem to go faster on playback if

on my setting 1 set to 1 min if i look at it on .p.c.

( settings...1s/3s/5s/10s/30s/1m..... )

I just leave mine set on 1 sec and all o.k on playback,it only goes upto 1 min,don't seem to go faster on playback if

on my setting 1 set to 1 min if i look at it on .p.c.

( settings...1s/3s/5s/10s/30s/1m..... )

I think you would have to activate the time lapse, or maybe it's just something you set on one of the two video modes, I can't remember. I might have a play with it next time I connect my camera.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club