Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Incorrect tax bands

SBUR

Hi All

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a 05 Plate Fiesta Ghia 1.4 Petrol. I recently received my tax renewal form from the DVLA telling me that my car tax is band D. On looking at the form it has the CO2 levels for my car at 154 G/KM but according to Ford it should be 147 G/Km this would take me to band C.

Anyone else come accross this not sure but does this mean that owners of this type of car are all due a rebate for over charging on road tax.

Anyone else have the same size engine

• 3 months later...
I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a 05 Plate Fiesta Ghia 1.4 Petrol. I recently received my tax renewal form from the DVLA telling me that my car tax is band D. On looking at the form it has the CO2 levels for my car at 154 G/KM but according to Ford it should be 147 G/Km this would take me to band C.

A bit late but here it is anyway....weirdly there seems to be discrepancies on this, for instance ford fiesta zetec 1..4i 2004 model states 147 for a 1.4i zetec 2004

and ford fiesta zetec 1.4i states 152

and dvla state 154g/km !

surely this needs to be clarified or are Ford telling porkies about the co2? ( It's well known that the co2 emissions car companies state never seem to be replicated and get the same answer )

I've tried to mail ford but their website has a problem so i`ve asked DVLA if there's any reason for the difference. Watch this space!

look on your v5 registration document it will state what the co output is classed at

look on your v5 registration document it will state what the co output is classed at

the original question was according to Ford it should be 147 G/Km and DVLA saying the car is 154 G/Km. If the correct levels are 154 then Ford are misleading people saying the tax is £120 when in fact its £145

reply from DVLA > Thank you for your email.

CO2 emissions, are measured as part of the type approval process that each variant and version of individual vehicle models must undergo before they can be offered for sale in the European Union. The Co2 figure used for setting the tax rate, will be given on the Certificate of Conformity (COC) following the Type Approval test. A car's carbon dioxide emission (CO2) figure, will be recorded on the registration document and once set will remain unchanged throughout the lifetime of the vehicle.

However if you are able to provide evidence that our records are wrong please post it with your V5C UK Registration Certificate along with a covering letter to DVLA Swansea SA99 1BA.

( about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard! i`ve now mailed ford and asked them )

update to previous post, from Ford uk> All advertised CO² emissions are based on the standard model of vehicle and will vary between models and any extras added to the vehicle. All vehicles are tested when they leave the factory and are given their own CO² emission rating. This will be shown on your registration document for the car.

so basically, depending what model or extras u have decides on the tax band your in. ie, larger wheels/tyres help towards causing more emissions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club